• Commercial/Vendors welcome

DPF Forced Regen Tools - What works and What does not

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My question was with regards to @redbaron’s post on how he was monitoring soot and ash levels with his BlueFire, as I was accessing the information differently. It’s moot now, but thanks for the additional information. That is always helpful.
I thought it might be something like that but I didn’t know you could dig deep with Bluefire. Thanks.

That description of 3719 was from this SPN table: https://www.xee.com/fr/spn-list/
I have several that I go to depending. I haven’t found any PNG lookup tables - just exhausting descriptions of how they are used which I find interesting but not useful for my purposes since I don’t have any devices that use them.
Thanks, thats similar to how I am doing my lookups too.

Your method is better!!! Holy cow @ARD ... i feel dumb for the method I was using.
It doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Was driving from Spartan to Newmar and went to Drive to look at the AfterTreatment Data and all the values for % soot, % ash, etc were N/A.

For those of us that choose to get this tool, after you learn and validate it (do a regen) I suggest just monitor soot level. That's my plan. If anyone sees anything other than "normal" please speak up. I believe in letting the system manage itself but I don't want to get into the situation I was in again and in a remote area at that. It can be a great tool for monitoring. Hopefully we'll see even better info on soot levels with firmware updates.
This is my new little 38hp John Deere - if they can do it…..

Edit - it also has a regen button right on the dash. Easy!
180F54F5-5AE3-46E0-901A-A23E45DA2849.jpeg

Last edited:
It doesn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Was driving from Spartan to Newmar and went to Drive to look at the AfterTreatment Data and all the values for % soot, % ash, etc were N/A.
I got Bluefire and have been having a heck of a time to get it to work. Very unstable. I installed a firmware update (again) yesterday, now on 3.22.1 and it looks like it may work, also did a repair adapter to reset it. With trying to get this to work I've had communication with Mark at Bluefire to inquire about Soot % and how it's showing N/A for us. For you techies that know this stuff maybe reach out to him to try and get it working but here is his response. @redbaron @flyboy013

Hi Neal,

The App is querying PGN 64891, Byte 0 (SPN 3719, Soot) and Byte 1 (SPN 3720, Ash). A data byte value of 0xFF indicates no data is transmitted.

It is possible that the data is elsewhere but I have no means to test other PGNs. If you can use the Advanced Functions feature and explore other PGNs that could help.

It’s totally up to the OEM engineers to program the ECMs to transmit the data, so is it possible that yours is just not programmed?

We started off with over-the-highway 18-wheel trucks and their ECMs are pretty much fully programmed. However in the motorhome market it’s been very hit and miss (lots of older engines in newer motorhomes, etc.).

Mark.

Mark Fredrickson
Founder & CTO
BlueFire LLC
www.bluefire-llc.com

I've driven 35K+ miles using BF as my dash...something like 95-98% stable. HOWEVER, after the 3.22.1 firmware update and the 9.6.6 & 9.6.7 App updates, the App will not connect to the adapter. Very disappointing as we leave on a trip in two days.

I've done the troubleshooting steps (including reseting the adapter). I have also sent event logs to Mark but have not yet heard back.

Anyway, BF has been great for me...hopefully this is just a bump in the road.

Safe travels.

Good to know as I'm about to return this. Today was another fail with 3.22.1.

Mark from Bluefire suggested I set 300 in the "Adapter Minimum Interval" setting and this appears to have resolved and stabilized the app for me.

I know what I did wrong, but wasn't able to fix it via my Win11 laptop...I'll try when we get home. Really missed my BF dash on this trip. Will definitely be using BF in the new coach.

Latest resources

Back