• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Flashing lights on dash of 2016 London Aire

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Neal's story reminded me of the time the battery in the VW was low. The vehicle computer made the "executive decision" the battery was no longer suitable for its purpose and shut off the power circuits driving motors like the starter and windows. Odd lights would work but other high draw circuits were completely dead.
Spent some time trying to figure this out before calling my VW "guy". He said a "deadish" battery will do that in computer controlled "smart" vehicle.
Luckily the VW Brand battery was under warranty, lived just 30 months on a 36 month warranty. Second replacement in 50 months of ownership.

Like Neal, I had an older vehicle that acted strange but was the turn signal flasher. With the key in my pocket, I could step on the brake pedal and the radio would come on. I dislike electrical issues.
Good luck.

Our toad is 2008 Saturn Aura cosmetically in perfect condition so hate to invest in something else to tow along. The things that car does is mind stumbling. The door ajar light comes on when doors are clearly closed, not so bad if you are driving but when parked if door is open interior lights are on which will kill the battery, we had to disconnect interior lights.

The other thing the fobs don’t work I am at the mercy of the single key hole works and sometimes it hasn’t so had to enlist help at always the worst times.

Then the last thing is the alarm decides to go off at always the worst times, one example is at a drive in movie. So embarrassing! This happened in a small town in NY state. I’m sure the others trying to watch the movie was saying what is wrong with those Canadians!

Batteries are good, car is just messed up and from what I read is it’s a bcm module which I didn’t feel like buying because it isn’t cheap and it’s trial and error for a car that may go kaput at any time.

Latest resources

Back