• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FORD V10 MPG

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Are you talking about a straight pipe under the MH, or exiting out the side of MH

Are you talking about a straight pipe under the MH, or exiting out the side of MH
Picture explains all. I included one of front air dam.

Attachments

• 20230225_124506.jpg
    20230225_124506.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20230225_124540.jpg
    20230225_124540.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20230225_124604.jpg
    20230225_124604.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
That was one of my goals - to reduce the constant down shifting and make it pull a little longer on a higher gear on grades. With 5 star, Banks, and a free-flow intake (forget which one) I made some real progress, but when running full throttle up a hill the intake was loud.
I'm back, I want to just add to what I have done to my ford V10. I cleaned up my cold air intake and added a K&N large cone intake filter. Was planing to change out the ford stock catalytic converter to a legal high flow converter like I did on my last rig. But I researched what the flow restriction was on them, To my surprise the restriction on the stock unit is 1.5 to 2 PSI at full throttle. Not much difference with the performance cats, so I am staying with the stock unit..I am now waiting for my performance muffler to come. When the new muffler
comes in from Summit, I will change out the stock muffler for the high performance muffler. Can't wait to hit the road to see what kind of improvement I get..

I had a 38’ Georgetown on a 2016 chassis with the 6 speed and seen average 6.5 for the 40k miles I put on it.

I get 6 MPG with my 34 foot rig with the V10. What can I do to improve the gas millage? It is a Thor Hurricane.
Seriously ? How much of an improvement are you expecting looking for ? Just asking

I added the Tuner to my 2011 Thor Hurricane 32 ft, and I did get an increase in mileage and better shifting. Staying around 60mph is the key. I believe I got 8 if I remember right. I have a 2016 Georgetown 38ft and I plan on a Tuner upgrade.

I'm back, I want to just add to what I have done to my ford V10. I cleaned up my cold air intake and added a K&N large cone intake filter. Was planing to change out the ford stock catalytic converter to a legal high flow converter like I did on my last rig. But I researched what the flow restriction was on them, To my surprise the restriction on the stock unit is 1.5 to 2 PSI at full throttle. Not much difference with the performance cats, so I am staying with the stock unit..I am now waiting for my performance muffler to come. When the new muffler
comes in from Summit, I will change out the stock muffler for the high performance muffler. Can't wait to hit the road to see what kind of improvement I get..
If you consider noise an improvement then go for it.

I installed the "Ford Ultratune", from Ultra RV, in my 2020 Newmar Canyon Star, but it's on a 2019, 26,000GVWR, F-53, V-10 chassis!
Overall performance seemed to increase, especially initial acceleration, and definitely improved the shift points, reducing the need for more frequent shifts.
Fuel mileage seemingly did not increase, and stays about 6.6-6.9 mpg towing a 2017 GMC Terrain. Without the Terrain, I got 8.2-8.5 mpg!
In my opinion, the best results were in the change of shift patterns, & not upshifting/downshifting with as much frequency!
Nothing to do with performance, but I removed the "dog house", and added "Dynamat" Insulation pad, and noise reduction pad, and as a result, significantly reduced the engine noise in the front of the coach! A GREAT improvement!

Latest resources

Back