Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
360 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, Blue Ox, Demco Air Force One
Fulltimer
No
My wife and I take off for the Rockies in June. Our first stop will be camping on our unimproved lot which fronts the Red River, a fast moving mountain stream that terminates into the Rio Grande about twenty five miles from our lot. I have in the past drank from this ice cold water source without ill effect but do not plan to drink the river water in the future. I was considering pumping river water from a sump pump through a water filter into our holding tank. This water will be used for showers and washing dishes. We'll buy bottled water for coffee, cooking and drinking.

My question is this: Is there a shut off valve or bypass valve so that water from my holding tank will not be pumped into my Whirlpool fridge? I have a removeable filter in the fridge which I think if not replaced, will not allow water to enter the icemaker or be dispensed from the fridge door. But I'm not sure.

There usually is a turn off valve under the kitchen sink (if your fridge is next to the sink) otherwise I believe it may be in the basement.

Fantastic! I'll look. My fridge is across from the sink. It is on the driver's side and part of the off door slide. There are several gate valves in the wet basement where I fill and drain my water and holding tanks. This area is just about underneath my fridge.

Thanks Rich!

Typically there is a shut off close to the refrigerator, ours was behind the refrigerator but easily accessible. I think this is installed for those that winterize their units and don’t want antifreeze water going into refrigerator.
we never used the water in refrigerator so ours was always off.

As stated, shut off in storage bay under fridge. Removing filter will still allow water to flow to ice maker etc.

I located the inline cold water valve in the bay adjacent to the wet bay above the Oasis boiler. Notice the cutoff is before the "T", after which the pipe enters the Oasis and says cold water inlet. I turned the cutoff a quarter turn and tired the water dispenser and bingo, the water stopped after about a half cup was dispensed. My concern is that if the direction is from left to right, the cutoff would restrict the cold water inlet into the boiler. Unless the direction is from right to left. I need to do a little more investigation.

Attachments

• IMG_0887.JPEG
    IMG_0887.JPEG
    520 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
As long as you have hot water to fixtures your fine.

Not sure that is the right T handle cut off. Mine is chrome and a very small water line…. Like 1/4 inch.

As long as you have hot water to fixtures your fine.
That cutoff to the fridge must be after water is allowed to flow into the boiler.

Is there some kind of schematic on Newmar's Newgle available?

Latest resources

Back