Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Front brake caliper broken bolt (Freightliner XCR)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Actually, the bolt head was discovered just before backing into the yard which means it was there when we left 3000 miles ago. What it looks like to me is that the bolt was over torqued or was perhaps was defective. The other 5 in the caliper seem fine. I’m going to go to Freightliner in Sacramento and see what they say. I need to have the coach serviced regardless.
May be a service tech attempted to comply with the Recall in my previous post or a TSB and put an impact on the bolts to tighten them. Being relatively soft 12.9 metric this one was stretched a bit thin...:)

A quick follow up to our broken caliper bolt:
Just spent the day at Freightliner Sacramento Rv Service Center. Had our 48 month service performed (WITH AN APPOINTMENT). So nice to have a competent Freightliner dealer give appointments so you don’t have to leave the coach. Unfortunately, they were not able to replace the caliper bolt because, are you ready, the bolt was back ordered! Seems the whole front assembly is brought in from Germany so Freightliner does not stock the bolts…..go figure. The service manager could not source the bolt because of warranty issues. Good news is that the 5 remaining bolts are good and tight and the feeling is that all should be fine until a bolt is found.

Latest resources

Back