Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2017 Colorado, 2013 Dodge 1500 quad cab
Fulltimer
No
All, my FWS in not responsive. It is retracted in my storage facility. It has been sitting for about two months. Both door side slides extended as expected. I am going to turn off the salesman switch for a reset. If that doesn’t fix it I am thinking a fuse or connection. Where do I start that search?

Happened to us when in for warranty work. They pushed the out button and nothing happened - was the controller that failed.

All, my FWS in not responsive. It is retracted in my storage facility. It has been sitting for about two months. Both door side slides extended as expected. I am going to turn off the salesman switch for a reset. If that doesn’t fix it I am thinking a fuse or connection. Where do I start that search?
Turn off salesman (12v) switch for at least a minute. Turn on and see if that works. Causing the controller to power cycle.

If no luck go to your OASIS area and find the controller on the ceiling. Disconnect/reconnect connectors.

See how that works then we can go from there.

It wasn't my full wall slide; my kitchen slide wouldn't come in. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Newmar doing all sorts of things and finally, I turned the salesman switch off for at least 5 minutes when I turned it back on everything worked. Be patient, it takes those electrons time to de-energize. Good luck.

Did you turn off the 150A breakers in the coach battery service bay when you put the coach into storage? Or did they somehow trip? The HWH system is powered by one of those two breakers.

Update. The coach was plugged in when this happened. I thought to myself "self we are told it is better to run the slides with the engine running". I tried to start the engine. Chassis batteries were dead. I jumped the chassis batteries with the house batteries. Since the coach was running, I started the generator to exercise it. With everything running, I got the coach out and drove about thirty minutes to a fuel stop. Fueled the coach up and put back in the barn. with the generator running and the engine running I tried all the slides and they all worked. I guess I am confused. Where does the coach get power to operate the slides? I thought it was the house batteries. They were at 13.2 during this.

It is my understanding that all slides are powered from the chassis batteries. That is why it is recommended to operate the slides with the engine running as the alternator is charging the chassis batteries before it will switch to the house batteries.

That is what I am thinking at this point.

Chassis batteries were dead.
Why were they dead? This is what you need to resolve. Don't know if you need to replace them now, or maybe they were already due to be replaced. But why are they not being charged?

I've never read engine running to operate slides, i usually do all my hook ups with the slides in to save my back. that would mean restarting to do slides? I plug in first so thought that would charge the chassis batteries, No problems to date, but sure don't want to cause an issue.

Latest resources

Back