Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
A couple months ago I switched from diesel to gas. We are transitioning from full timing to getting back into a sticknbrick.

As such I began looking for more ways to save money on my gasoline purchases. I like using Shell gas in my Harley, so I concentrated there. I found that if I use the Fuel Rewards program (app) and link it to my Shell gas card, it saved me .10 to .15 on each gallon. In addition, in the FR (fuel rewards app) if you watch a 1-minute video or click on some other things you can lock in additional discounts.

Last night I topped off at our local Shell station and my price was discounted .30 per gallon. This discount is in effect for me until the end of January.

Maybe others were of this, but I certainly wasn't. Just thought I would post in case anyone wanted to check it out.

Bucees and Kroger's also offer fuel discounts. Bucees ties their discount to a TDECU card - Kroger's awards "fuel points" with grocery purchases We have frequently gotten substantial discounts through a combination of factors. I also use the gas buddy app. It's kind of a game.

I recall when we used to live up north using points from shopping at Krogers for fuel savings, unfortunately that won't work down south or in Florida where there are not Kroger stores.

For any Canadian members, you can get 3 cents a litre (~10 cents a gallon) off at Shell if you're a CAA member.

We do the Food City program here in Tenn. But with the discount(.15/gal) I paid more yesterday then other stations were charging without a discount.

Got .40 off per gallon yesterday when I put 17 gallons in at local Shell (central FL). Upon returning to same station later that evening I put 10 gallons in and got .20 off with the rewards.

Latest resources

Back