• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert Girard Awning Mounts WRONG!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This is NOT a structural issue. This is a clearly identified defective installation, and Newmar will own it. That’s why they’ve taken care of my 2019 and others’.

Girard’s Installation Manual CLEARLY STATES that all warranties are voided if improperly installed. So...yeah...they begged out long ago.

But, don’t try to read into it, or bring up anything else regarding warranties; it’ll only cloud the situation and bring uncertainty. This ground has been covered and Newmar has stepped up.

FYI, my contact is looking into why only 20-21 years were on the TSB.

@flyboy013 - This is clearly a structural issue, so don't worry about warranty issues. They have a 5 year structural warranty.

And yes, like @redbaron says, this IS a structural issue that Newmar will have to remedy.

This issue is structural, and will be handled different than sanicon. Engineering will have to complete the PD phase and create a part number.

This is NOT a structural issue. This is a clearly identified defective installation, and Newmar will own it. That’s why they’ve taken care of my 2019 and others’.

I guess I was confused as to whether this was being considered a structural issue.

Structural as far as warranty...yes

Structural as far as affecting the house structute? Maybe or maybe not. Easily fixed without tearing it apart, so that is why some say not Structural. It's a simple added material to shore up the strength. No tearing it apart.

I guess I was confused as to whether this was being considered a structural issue.
Hahaha. Ok guilty. I can see how you got confused!! Sheesh, we sound like the government!! ?

As Ronnie says, yeah...”IF” later on, someone had an issue with their awnings because of Newmar’s faulty installation, “we suppose” it would be under the category of structural issues. But, this is our speculation and not coming from my talks with the lead at Newmar. I just wanted to be clear and not mislead.

I just wanted to say that this is a special issue of incorrect installation. So far, NO DAMAGE has been caused. So, hopefully, everyone will catch and correct the installation before any risk.

When I was at the factory, Jonas told me it was a covered repair for all years affected, and agreed it would be considered structural repair.

We all know how good newmar has been with honoring warranty issues even after normal expiration. Calling it structure warranty is an easy way for newmar to extend to at least 5 years.

So the repair was done a week ago today. I finally made it up to the roof to take a look at the work done. The TSB work looks good (although I didn't check the tightness of the bolts). But they did some damage while they were up there and guess what, they didn't repair it or mention that they had did the damage. Go figure. One of the reasons why I prefer doing my own work. I had not yet had any problems with the awnings, but figured I would get the TSB done just in case. I thought about not doing it, because the possibility of things being worse off.

I've contacted the dealer and suggest that they provide me with the new vent and I'll do the replacement myself. He's going to run it up the chain.

IMG_7049.jpg

Last edited:
2019 Dutchie 4369, discovered rear most roof bracket pulled away from roof and caulking cracked, further investigation with discovering water damage inside rear closet, back wall of medicine cabinet as well as behind bathroom mirror

2019 Dutchie 4369, discovered rear most roof bracket pulled away from roof and caulking cracked, further investigation with discovering water damage inside rear closet, back wall of medicine cabinet as well as behind bathroom mirror
Sorry this has happened to you. Post some pictures and send them to Newmar as well. I am sure they will take care of you.

Latest resources

Back