• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Grey Tank Drain blocked

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Randy's post made me think. Isn't there a vent from the grey tank that goes up to the roof? If so, can't you get your tube down that vent to pump it out?
There is and I may try that today if Newmar continues to be as useful as a box of rocks.
Here is the drain and vent schematic Newmar sent me a few months ago when I initially started complaining about a slow drain in grey and asked for the schematics.

Attachments

• 4326 - Drain.pdf
    176.7 KB · Views: 23
There is and I may try that today if Newmar continues to be as useful as a box of rocks.
Here is the drain and vent schematic Newmar sent me a few months ago when I initially started complaining about a slow drain in grey and asked for the schematics.
Looking at the specs, the turns don't look all that bad. Pushing through that long stretch at the end might be a bit of trouble though.

Looking at the specs, the turns don't look all that bad. Pushing through that long stretch at the end might be a bit of trouble though.
I agree. Coming at it from the grey vent looks doable. I have plenty of tubing so i may end up on the roof today if there’s still no availability and the flush king approach doesn’t set me free either.

@Jim great suggestion. @MapNerd try this first. It doesn't repair the problem, but if Jim's idea works, it would be a stop-gap until the mobile tech arrives. Tubing and a pump is all you'll need. The idea of sucking on the tube to create a siphon is quite disgusting.

Another thing @MapNerd, you might want to open the grey valve and using a shopvac, put some suction on grey vent. It might just suck the obstruction off the drain and let the water out.

@Jim great suggestion. @MapNerd try this first. It doesn't repair the problem, but if Jim's idea works, it would be a stop-gap until the mobile tech arrives. Tubing and a pump is all you'll need. The idea of sucking on the tube to create a siphon is quite disgusting.
Haha. I have a transfer pump.

Please be sure to

80's television GIF by vhspositive

Please be sure to

80's television GIF by vhspositive's television GIF by vhspositive
I’m sure a video of me getting hosed down by my grey tank would be much appreciated. If it comes to that, you shall have it

They once called it black gold. I think you’re drilling for gray gold.

oil flowing GIF by University of Alaska Fairbanks

Comedic relief appreciated

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back