• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Grey Tank Drain blocked

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
At this point, no. We still plan to sell. I can’t at the time in good faith fault newmar for this one but their response to other items has not been up to my expectations.
I understand your frustration! Been there myself...fairly recently. That said, I've done quite a bit of research in the past few weeks on what coach I might buy next, and why. I have not found anything any better. There have been similar complaints of poor customer service on literally every major coach brand. These "beasts" are just way more complex than they need to be. The engineers have lost sight of the primary goal; functionality.

As I was recently counseled; take a deep breath, uncork a bottle of your favorite adult beverage and grill up a nice filet mignon before you make any decisions.

TJ

I have the step down to a 1.5” on grey.
Understood but you have a LARGE hole on the bottom of the tank that would be very hard to clog with anything such as you described coming out of it. The scope, should it work, would be interesting. But I think keeping something on board that can snake its way up with some semblance of strength to push whatever is covering the exit path would be worthwhile. You could store it behind the wet bay tray right in front of the fresh tank and just keep it there.

While this all sucks it's a great way to learn about your coach. You know what I did to my wet bay and it was a great learning experience as that was the one big unknown area. It's nice to understand it for crises.

I just today read through this entire thread....fascinating. I have owned a pusher for 15+ years. The first 12 years were with a 36’ Alpine coach manufactured by Western R V out of Yakima Washington. And it wasn’t a cheap coach (it listed for 400k in 2005). Their customer service was awful to say the least and they went out of business somewhere around 2010. We had many, many issues with the coach and certainly had issues getting them fixed with little or no company support. But, I LOVED the coach And hated to part with it when we purchased our DS in 2017.
Our DS has certainly not been trouble free (we had to be towed 80 miles to a Freightliner dealer with only 5k on the coach and after waiting many hours on the side of the road). We did take a trip to Newmar our first year of ownership and they did a great job of fixing a fairly long list of issues.
I guess my point @MapNerd is that there is something really cool about tooling around in one of these beautiful diesel pushers with huge slides, heated tile floors, two bathrooms, unlimited hot water, washer/dryer, dishwasher, fireplace, etc. that are all going to break sooner or later (right now our dishwasher is waiting for a part). It’s is what it is regardless of the manufacturer.
@TJ&LadyDi said it best when he said to get your favorite adult beverage, take a deep breath and chill a bit. It’s all good???

I’ve had three

Hopefully mapwife is keeping up...

You must be throwing the tennis shoes in the washer after you walk on the beach.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back