• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Grey Tank Drain blocked

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Back at the service center this week. Newmar took apart my grey tank drain all the way to the tank - it turned out to be a big glob of pipe glue that was clogging the tank drain. So that’s a new one.

Back at the service center this week. Newmar took apart my grey tank drain all the way to the tank - it turned out to be a big glob of pipe glue that was clogging the tank drain. So that’s a new one.
Glad you finally found the source of the problem. After all the back-and-forth on this thread, the obvious problem sources had been eliminated And there had to be some kind of internal blockage. Sounds like someone got overzealous with the glue during assembly. Stuff like this happens, and drives you crazy trying to find out why something doesn't work as it should.

Safe and happy travels.

TJ

Any pictures? I still find that hard to believe. It’s a 3 inch hole. Not small.

If a "big gob of pipe glue" oozed out on the bottom side of the fitting, it could collect debris that, over time, would form a dam. I can see how that could happen.

TJ

If a "big gob of pipe glue" oozed out on the bottom side of the fitting, it could collect debris that, over time, would form a dam. I can see how that could happen.

TJ
Valid

Tech has a picture. I will get a copy and share when I have it. Also its a 1.5" diameter on my grey drain. I think the switch to 3" on grey came in 2021.

You can ask them to run 3 inch out of gray, I would if they had it all apart. It's just the same plumbing as they use coming out of black.

You can ask them to run 3 inch out of gray, I would if they had it all apart. It's just the same plumbing as they use coming out of black.
I did. Tech seemed hesitant to say he would so I’m not hopeful. Such a simple thing...smh

Just tell him, it's identical to the black tank plumbing, Neal did it :)

He seemed most conflicted over the need to change the wye valve since it would need to the a 3” x 3” x 3” instead of the 1.5” x 3” x 3”. I told him I was 50% sure that the 21 models had already done this but he seemed not so sure that the parts were there.

Latest resources

Back