• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Help Dead Battery!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sounds like the transfer switch may be shot.
Please elaborate? And BTW thanks everyone for your efforts to assist!

I'm guessing but it seems to me that your coach is not directing shore power or gen power to the coach so your ATS in the cord reel may be bad or took a hit with a surge? Remember you can call Newmar 24/7 so you may want to try putting in a call to them. I did so on a Sunday and Erica picked up, guess she was on call, and conferenced me in to who I needed to talk to for the problem.

This one is hard to diagnose, as with all the suggestions it can be one of so many things. I texted @Chuggs to see if he's available to chime in.

Did you reset all 3 of these breakers?
ddfead8bf740c010e02d7cd698af24c6.jpg

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

So, I didn’t know that. I called, transferred to their after hours line and no one picked up. I got an automated voicemail box after about 15 rings.

I went ahead and ran a voltage test on my batteries. They are gone. Each one returning on average 6.4 volts.

So, I didn’t know that. I called, transferred to their after hours line and no one picked up. I got an automated voicemail box after about 15 rings.

I went ahead and ran a voltage test on my batteries. They are gone. Each one returning on average 6.4 volts.
These are 6v batteries...that is not your problem

Go back to the 300 amp fuse. I may have miss-stated the continuity meter method. Not sure if that actually checks a fuse or not. I think you might need to check both sides of the fuse to make sure it has power like someone else said. Maybe RedBaron can weigh in on that because he knows more about fuses than l will ever know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you reset all 3 of these breakers?
ddfead8bf740c010e02d7cd698af24c6.jpg

I only have one of those three but just did. No dice

Not sure what happened. We stepped out for the day and came back to dead chassis batteries.

Don't mix up your chassis batteries with house batteries. I'm not sure what your tank level gauge shows you but mine shows house and chassis battery voltage. What does your show?

When your generator is running, does your EMS show 66 AMPS (or something in that area?)

On the Magnum control panel what happens when you press the CHARGE button? Can you turn that off then on?

Now do the same with Inverter

You can clear the faults in the Magnum panel by going to the Tech area, I can't remember if it gives you the option to press and hold for 5 seconds to clear faults but in that area is where you can clear them.

Is your coach the all electric, or do you have a gas range?

He's all electric, VTDP 43 footer

Latest resources

Back