Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Gila92557

RVF Regular
Hi, me and my wife haven't had a RV since themd 1990's. We are going to pick up a new Winnebago 2100BH on May 22. I am struggling with figuring out what I need for internet. I know, first world problems. I have ATT for cellular and am happy with that, but when I went in for a data line they seem high at $65 for 50 gig, or $90 for 100 gig plus the cost of the device. And had trouble finding a device that has a antenna connector to extend range. Any easy answers as to what to get?

Data plans can be expensive, as is Starlink. They change all the time so keep an eye but you can always change as will happen over the years. Many of us here use Pepwave cellular + wifi routers. I personally use the BR1 Pro 5G and really like it. I suggest reaching out to 5Gstore.com, 4G/5G Routers, Antennas, Boosters, WiFi, IP Switches as they are great with recommendations and customer service on top of what you can learn here. Try searching the forum as well for answers.

I don’t work but for 2 iPhones, 2 iPads and 2 tv’s we use the T-Mobile home 5g internet. $50.00 per month unlimited I’m happy. we average over 200 gig per month usage.

Last edited:
rvmobileinternet.com is The Mobile Internet Resource Center. They have a lot of information available (the free part) that discusses equipment, data plans. etc. Very informative.
Some of the equipment can be expensive as can the associated data plans. I too use Peplink equipment, primarily for flexibility as it provides cellular, WiFi & Ethernet inputs.
If internet connectivity is important to you, taking advantage of what is available at your location is a consideration.
I work from and live in my RV full time. Have a Peplink MAX BR1 Pro as the 'brains' for the LAN on my RV. I've been very happy with it.
Good luck in your search & happy travels.

Canadian looking to get a mobile wifi unit. Cant get thru to Ryoko website. Any ideas out there? Great forum for this newbie RVer!

T mobile has a month to month pre-paid wifi hotspot plan for visitors. Bring your own unlocked hotspot and you can buy as little or as much data as you want for as many months as you need starting at $10. Just go to any T mobile retail store to get set up then you can buy data refill cards at pretty much any major retailer.

Last edited:
Hi, me and my wife haven't had a RV since themd 1990's. We are going to pick up a new Winnebago 2100BH on May 22. I am struggling with figuring out what I need for internet. I know, first world problems. I have ATT for cellular and am happy with that, but when I went in for a data line they seem high at $65 for 50 gig, or $90 for 100 gig plus the cost of the device. And had trouble finding a device that has a antenna connector to extend range. Any easy answers as to what to get?
I had the same problem. I also have ATT and all I did was upgrade the wife's and my line to unlimited with 50gig hotspots on each phone. I think it was like $each for the upgrade for each phone from regular unlimited. That gives us 100 gig total between out our two lines.

We have the FMCA Tech Connect plan.

Portable hotspot through AT&T.

$59 a month at 24 meg speed completely unlimited.

Only time it would be throttled is on a busy tower but we never have been.

If not in use it can be put on hold for a while to get a lower cost for that time.

When needed we just put the hotspot in the car and have Wi-Fi with us then as well.

Latest resources

Back