Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

What do you use for your Internet connection?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

How do you connect to the Internet when you are using your RV?

• Cable TV wired connection (it's not Internet, but it's how I watch TV)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidL

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
MountainAire
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K2
Engine
Cummins 500hp
TOW/TOAD
Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Interested in how you connect to rest of world while you are using your RV. Or are you "Air Gapped" (not connected at all)?
Choose as many connections that you regularly use.

This year we are using a Peplink ProMax BR1. At a future date we may move to the 5G variant of this unit.
Literally plug and play. No extra antenna, or anything else.
Works for us. Tucked into an upper cabinet that had 120v power outlets. Done.
Lives here in lower windowed cabinet

Upper cabinet has conduits to roof for future Starlink cable.
IMG_0883.jpeg

Joe, are you using the Pepwave for Cellular? Or Wifi? Or both? You can edit your survey responses.

We use it as a cellular hot spot with it’s own sim currently. Once we get the sat dish we’ll use it for sat with cell sim as backup.

Peplink Max Transit Duo Pro
Parsec Husky Pro 7 antenna

I use a Peplink Max BR1. I have Starlink plugged into WAN port and use WiFi as WAN for picking up campground (or home) WiFi. I also have a SIM. My connections are prioritized as listed above, but while parked for the winter months, I suspend Starlink and cellular service as I have a 200Mbps cable connection (although limited two about 80 Mbps due to WiFi as WAN throughout due to it being a double WiFi hop).

Maybe it was confusing in the survey: so far no one has selected either DirecTV, or Cable or Dish Satellite. No one using any of these three? Now, I don't use any of them either....just checking.
I was going to add "Watch movies via ripped DVDs" and "Watch DVDs" and "Stream TV" but not enough survey slots...I guess that's a different poll :)

The response also need to be allow for prioritization too. I think just about everyone will connect to campground WiFi if that's the only service available and/or there is some really good service. So it being the most popular response may give you the false impression that that's what must folks use/prefer.

We use Spectrum Cable for Wi-Fi/TV, when in our desert winter location. no dish or direct I guess it’s just another redundant cable service..

The response also need to be allow for prioritization too. I think just about everyone will connect to campground WiFi if that's the only service available and/or there is some really good service. So it being the most popular response may give you the false impression that that's what must folks use/prefer.
yes, agreed. Wish the polling software allowed for that ranking. Would be interesting.

Latest resources

Back