• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here We Go With Higher Diesel Prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
yes, thats the 465 milion! They paid it back with an $8000 per manufactured vehicle tax credit.

You are misinformed sir. Those tax credits were for the purchaser, not for Tesla. And they applied to every manufacturer. They still exist, but Tesla and GM car purchasers no longer get them as they have produced more than the pre-set amount. All the companies that get them now are foreign car makers except ford.

And the big three is now the big two. Stellantis (Chrysler Dodge etc) is a Dutch company.

b

That we can agree on

Heh heh. Anyway KR. It has been fun sparring with you a bit. A little polite punching is fun. Sounds like we are on opposite sides of the table on this one but that’s okay. I’d pass you a beer (Canadian) over the campfire any way. :).

I have a class in 15 minutes so I’ll call it a night.

Stay safe on the road neighbour.

J.

Heh heh. Anyway KR. It has been fun sparring with you a bit. A little polite punching is fun. Sounds like we are on opposite sides of the table on this one but that’s okay. I’d pass you a beer (Canadian) over the campfire any way. :).

I have a class in 15 minutes so I’ll call it a night.

Stay safe on the road neighbour.

J.
Yes, it has been fun. But please… NO Canadian beer. If possible, pass me a Crown and coke with plenty of ice or I can pass you one at the ole campfire. Hopefully that will be agreeable to both of us!

Issue for me is my daily round trip us a little over 240 miles. Then I am home and may want to go out to eat, which is another 75 mile round trip.

If I have to do any extra shopping, a daily round trip would easily be 350 miles.

I only do this a few days a week, but Texas is so spread out and limited charging except in the major cities, which I rarely visit.

Places like Chicago where my daughter lives, electric is ideal.
The idiots that live in DC are so unconnected to size of this country they stay in their phucking bubble. The people who drive EVs should be paying at least $.25 a mile since they pay no fuel tax and three times the fee for their plates. They should pay their fare share for the use of the roads. Also the those cars are in the long run worse for the environment the batteries are not eco friendly to dispose of or make. plus the lithium comes from Afghanistan.

The idiots that live in DC are so unconnected to size of this country they stay in their phucking bubble. The people who drive EVs should be paying at least $.25 a mile since they pay no fuel tax and three times the fee for their plates. They should pay their fare share for the use of the roads. Also the those cars are in the long run worse for the environment the batteries are not eco friendly to dispose of or make. plus the lithium comes from Afghanistan.

Their fare share???. How much road tax do you think you pay per mile with a gas car???.

Afghanistan presently produces almost no lithium.

US Federal Tax on fuel: 18.4 cents per gallon for gasoline, 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel.

I average 25k miles annually on diesel, and 35k miles annually on gas. Forgetting state taxes (texas is 20 cents/gallon ea) I spend:

diesel - average 8mpg (averaging truck & rv): $762.50 federal tax
gas - average 14mpg (averaging all cars): $460.00 federal tax

State tax is much higher than the federal, but too difficult to factor in as we buy fuel all over. So for my vehicles, I contribute $1,222.50 for federal roadways.

US Federal Tax on fuel: 18.4 cents per gallon for gasoline, 24.4 cents per gallon for diesel.

I average 25k miles annually on diesel, and 35k miles annually on gas. Forgetting state taxes (texas is 20 cents/gallon ea) I spend:

diesel - average 8mpg (averaging truck & rv): $762.50 federal tax
gas - average 14mpg (averaging all cars): $460.00 federal tax

State tax is much higher than the federal, but too difficult to factor in as we buy fuel all over. So for my vehicles, I contribute $1,222.50 for federal roadways.

So about 1/2 a cent per mile. Sounds about right.

Our gas tax is higher here. We pay close to that per kilometre. We do about 18000 to 20,000 kilometres per year. That would be like 100 bucks per year. Sounds good to me. Or just put a 150 dollar registration fee like some provinces, states and countries do.

So about 1/2 a cent per mile. Sounds about right.

Our gas tax is higher here. We pay close to that per kilometre. We do about 18000 to 20,000 kilometres per year. That would be like 100 bucks per year. Sounds good to me. Or just put a 150 dollar registration fee like some provinces, states and countries do.
We have registration fees at state level. They run $100 for cars and $500 for rvs. Cheaper than some states, more than other states.

Latest resources

Back