• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here We Go With Higher Diesel Prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yah, nothing wrong with that. It depends so much on infrastructure on the routes you travel and where you live. Where we live that wouldn't be a challenge at all as infrastructure is good and more going in all the time. But yah. Everybody needs to assess there own situation. Cheers.
Do I remember correctly that you live in the EU?

No. In BC Canada.
Ahh...thats right. We usually drive thru from Seattle on the way to revelstoke in February for our snowmobile trips. We have done some around the pemberton glacier. Beautiful area.

Ahh...thats right. We usually drive thru from Seattle on the way to revelstoke in February for our snowmobile trips. We have done some around the pemberton glacier. Beautiful area.

Ahhh Pemberton. Some beautiful (and sometimes very wet) country thru there. Our first camping trip out next will take on that area. Some amazing waterfalls thru there in the late may time frame. We have a 3 week 1480 kilometre great circle planned that takes us thru there on the home bound leg. Should be fun.

Ahhh Pemberton. Some beautiful (and sometimes very wet) country thru there. Our first camping trip out next will take on that area. Some amazing waterfalls thru there in the late may time frame. We have a 3 week 1480 kilometre great circle planned that takes us thru there on the home bound leg. Should be fun.
Post up summer time pictures...I have only been in snow season.

Post up summer time pictures...I have only been in snow season.

Will do. We haven’t done this trip since before my military career that started in 1982. I’m sure things will be a lot different. Not to mention a whole new highway since that time. I’m told there are a few crazy steep hills. Guess we’ll see how the regenerative breaking on a tesla pulling a trailer is. :).

Cheers.

Okay, so in many parts of the U.S. and Canada it could be cheaper to operate a EV for daily commuting. Fast forward maybe 20 years and what if 30% to 40% of the population is driving EVs. Where will the tax dollars come from to repair and fund all of our roads? With 30% to 40% of the drivers on the roads are not buying gas and fuel then the feds and the States will be getting that much less percent to do the required repairs. Heck, most places can't keep the roads repaired now.

Okay, so in many parts of the U.S. and Canada it could be cheaper to operate a EV for daily commuting. Fast forward maybe 20 years and what if 30% to 40% of the population is driving EVs. Where will the tax dollars come from to repair and fund all of our roads? With 30% to 40% of the drivers on the roads are not buying gas and fuel then the feds and the States will be getting that much less percent to do the required repairs. Heck, most places can't keep the roads repaired now.

That’s just paperwork. Many countries provinces and states already charge a registration fee for EV’s that already account for that. I’m good with that. It is typically between 150 and 300 dollars or euros etc. And it won’t be 20 years in most places. Probably closer to 10 or 15 with maybe the exception of the US. I doubt in 20 years manufacturers in many regions will be producing gas vehicles for the light vehicle market, or at least in first world countries. Diesel will probably be around for decades yet. Diesel does some stuff really good.

Keeping in mind that all the above is JMHO...and I sure ain’t an expert. :)

Cheers all.

Oh don't worry, they already know how the taxes will change, they figured that out thirty years ago. They have wanted tax by the mile for decades. They never figured out how to get an accurate way to read the miles. EVs are the way forward for tax by mile. To get you into one, so they can tax by mile, they incentivize the manufacturing and purchasing of them. First off they give tax rebates to EV manufacturers to produce them. We are taxed to pay for tax welfare given to the EV manufacturers. Once the greater population is in one, they will assess more taxes on EVs to compensate for the lost fuel revenues and add tax by the mile on top of it. Its ironic how we always pay for our own problems and pay to create our own taxes. These EVs would be DOA without government subsidies. Unlike oil subsidies that create good paying jobs in the oil fields and transporting jobs moving oil. Oil companies also got subsidies because it is in the national security interest to move the planes and tanks that defend us. These EVs are the answer, but not the answer to any problem I ever had

Heh heh. Yah. You never known. It also might be because some people like driving high performance crazy fast, low maintenance, super economical to drive cars that don’t stink and always have the latest greatest software on them. Who knows. Lol. :).

Sure wish I could have got some of those subsidies on the last two electric cars we bought. :).

Just sayin.

JMHO.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back