• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Here We Go With Higher Diesel Prices

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It will certainly be interesting to see how EV sell in the U.S. I've never had a gas vehicle I thought "stunk" but then again I've only owned about 30 different ones.

I will caution anyone who has been getting goose bumps about the thought of a majority of the population driving EVs though.

I have walked to my car through shopping center parking lots and almost gotten backed over by idiots that throw their cars in reverse without paying attention. With EVs they are quiet as a mouse and unless backup alarms are required on them I think you will start seeing kids, adults, and pets ran over on a regular basis. Just my opinion and I'm certainly no expert. In todays age with driver's distracted by talking and texting while operating their vehicles the last thing we need is faster and quieter vehicles.....I for one can am not looking forward to that.

It will certainly be interesting to see how EV sell in the U.S. I've never had a gas vehicle I thought "stunk" but then again I've only owned about 30 different ones.

I will caution anyone who has been getting goose bumps about the thought of a majority of the population driving EVs though.

I have walked to my car through shopping center parking lots and almost gotten backed over by idiots that throw their cars in reverse without paying attention. With EVs they are quiet as a mouse and unless backup alarms are required on them I think you will start seeing kids, adults, and pets ran over on a regular basis. Just my opinion and I'm certainly no expert. In todays age with driver's distracted by talking and texting while operating their vehicles the last thing we need is faster and quieter vehicles.....I for one can am not looking forward to that.

Back up alarms or noises are required on electric vehicles on most places in the world. Ours sounds kind of like space ship kind of noise. They are also required to make a noise going forward if travelling under 23 kilometres an hour.

Okay, I've only been close to a couple in lots and I guess those were equipped like yours, they certainly were quiet.

Okay, I've only been close to a couple in lots and I guess those were equipped like yours, they certainly were quiet.

Yah. And not saying your area has those regulations either. As well, the forward movement sound is more like a shhhhhhhhh sound. Really subtle. Without those sounds though you are right. They make no noise. I agree with you. Although I would prefer it to not make any sound, public safety comes first.

Sure wish I could have got some of those subsidies on the last two electric cars we bought. :).

Just sayin.

JMHO.

Cheers.
You did, Tesla got 465 million in US government welfare. I know, I get the bill weekly

Woohoo. Good to hear. And thanks. :). How much has GM, Chrysler and Ford got. In Canada GM and Chrysler come to the trough regularly.
All of them get tax breaks to provide jobs in canada and the US verses mexico and its easy to see why any large jobs providing companies get tax breaks. Their employee/ employer taxes are plenty. None of the big three gets development money like Tesla did. And you are welcome. It seems we're always there to help. Its kinda like we have a little brother, its nice to have friendlies on one border, and its also nice to have the tourism money flowing back south in the cute little EVs.?

All of them get tax breaks to provide jobs in canada and the US verses mexico and its easy to see why any large jobs providing companies get tax breaks. Their employee/ employer taxes are plenty. None of the big three gets development money like Tesla did. And you are welcome. It seems we're always there to help. Its kinda like we have a little brother, its nice to have friendlies on one border, and its also nice to have the tourism money flowing back south in the cute little EVs.?

Heh heh. We appreciate it big bro. LOL. And your welcome. :).

I’m not up on the development money thing but would be interested in hearing more about it.

Latest resources

Back