Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
About a week ago I got on the Open Roads app (TSD card) and found my diesel stops for this week. Yesterday I double checked them and on the average they all went up almost .50 per gallon! It will only be another $70 or so out of pocket this week but I suspect it will keep going up.

Yep, I saw it in my Sep/Oct services trip.

I need to refamiliarize myself with my TSD card. I haven't used it in almost a year.
After getting tired of being glared at by truck drivers I just started unhooking my fifth wheel at the campground and going to local stations for fuel.
Won't be able to do that with this pusher.

I need to refamiliarize myself with my TSD card. I haven't used it in almost a year.
After getting tired of being glared at by truck drivers I just started unhooking my fifth wheel at the campground and going to local stations for fuel.
Won't be able to do that with this pusher.
I've never had an issue with Truckers, in fact recently they've been super friendly, asking about RVing, etc. I'm not a fan of worrying about anyone else at the truck stop or being rushed forcing a mistake to be made. Get in the spot, get your fuel, pull forward if you need to go inside so as not to block a pump unless you're using it. I had an issue on my recent trip someone in a uhaul or something towing a dolly with me parked behind them waiting forever, they didn't know the etiquette to pull forward when going inside. I had enough room thankfully to hard right into the adjacent lane. Moral is, use it, you're a customer as are they, don't worry about things like this.

The times in which we live...... major inflation, no longer energy independent, it will get worse. I'm already planning for $5-$6 per gallon by this time next year.

Several reports are heating oil, gasoline(and diesel) prices will continue as country opens up(thought it already mainly open?). More than one analyst predicts $100/bl on oil; heating oil has already spiked nearly 75% and, depending on winter temps, could double again. Being from Texas(oil belt area) i know the work has picked up but no where near pre-Covid days. IF you look at the trend oil/gas prices were already dropping, prior to COVID, due to Saudis-Russian stand off. Pre-Covid travel has yet to return to normal levels-which does mean the prices will rise if flights&travel return. Sadly- with the Keystone pipeline now 'defunct', several pipeline issues in N.American and the administration allowing Russias new pipeline to go forward(it came on line couple months back) we will see rising imports/prices on fuel.

The increases are not US based. It’s all over the world. Here in Canada prices popped up last week. Friends in Spain and Germany saw a jump last week as well. It won’t stay up forever. The longer it stays higher the more people get driven to electric vehicles which operate at a fraction of the cost. Right now fuel companies are losing about 7000 customers per day as people buy electric vehicles to replace their cars and SUV/CUV’s. At some point the petrol companies are going to want and try to stem that number which is doubling about every two years right now. My guess is fuel prices will start to drop in February.

JMHO.

There are a lot of incentives in place to push people into electric cars especially in CA.

• The Federal Government offers a tax credit of up to $7,500 for all-electric and plug-in hybrid cars purchased new in or after 2010. Here is a breakdown of tax credit amounts by vehicle.
  • The State of California provides a rebate of $1,000 to $4,500 through the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) for the purchase or lease of qualified vehicles. Qualifying low-income households may receive an additional $2,500 rebate.

There are a lot of incentives in place to push people into electric cars especially in CA.

• The Federal Government offers a tax credit of up to $7,500 for all-electric and plug-in hybrid cars purchased new in or after 2010. Here is a breakdown of tax credit amounts by vehicle.
  • The State of California provides a rebate of $1,000 to $4,500 through the California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP) for the purchase or lease of qualified vehicles. Qualifying low-income households may receive an additional $2,500 rebate.

Interesting. We are not American so pretty much oblivious to what happens there. Here we have incentives to but the most popular models don’t qualify for them as they need to be under a certain price tag. We didn’t get any incentive on our present car nor will get one on one we have on order. Meh. Anyway, I’m sure the oil companies know if they leave fuel prices high it will make the transition even faster. Fuel prices will come back down.

Jmho.

Chips, Chips, who's gonna supply the Chips?

Latest resources

Back