How cold is it where you are?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
72 here. -5 with -27 wind chill at home in IL

52 in NE Ct at 9:15am. Supposed to go down to 7 by tomorrow at this time. We didn’t get out of here fast enough. 😡. Head to Marco XMas morning.

This was Alberta yesterday. Celsius and Fahrenheit are pretty much the same at that point.

Screenshot_20221222-061007~2.png

It's gonna be a cold! Thought it would be interesting to monitor temps where everyone else is as we go through the next couple of days.

Day = Thursday, 12/22/2022
Time = 5:18 PM EST
Temp = 39*
Wind Chill = 36*

Not bad for Dec!
12/23 7:00 a.m. 28* Onalaska Washington

Day = Friday, 12/23/2022
Location = Southwest Oregon
Time = 8:00 AM PST
Temp = 44°
Wind = Calm

The cold system currently north and east of us is skirting this area. We are getting some rain but the temperature has actually risen fairly significantly since that system moved in. Lows were in the high 20s several days ago, but the low this morning was 41°.

-14F the last two nights...currently heat wave of -1F

Location = East Central NM
Day = Friday, 12/23/2022
Time = 9:35AM MST
Temp = 14*F
Wind Chill = 6*F

Forecasted high of 24F

Better than my mom, according to Weatherbug. Franklin NC (Western NC) is currently 10*F and it feels like -2*F at 11:38 AM. Unlike us, she will get above freezing today (42*F for a high).

Tomorrow, our high is forecast to be 41*F. Lots of people will be hitting the plumbing section of Home Depot!

The up side to this current freeze is, while we occasionally get cold snaps this cold and this long, I can make a note in one of my "To Do" Lists of my "extreme cold weather" issues and work on fixing those issues in the Spring when it warms up. I have always thought that, no matter where I am, it's liable to get "unusually" hot or cold. I prefer to be prepared as opposed to hoping that it doesn't happen.

Latest resources

Back