• Commercial/Vendors welcome

I did something....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It should be just tilt backwards and pull trigger for speed.

It just occurred to me that I've never tried to back up! But to be honest, I haven't used the motion controller all that much. I'll give it a try.

So yeah, that doesn't work. Tilting backwards is the same as telling the drone to climb. Tilting the controller forward is telling the drone to descend. Unless there is some secret button, there is no backing up with this controller.

Maybe it's a sport vs. normal mode thing. Try each mode and see what happens. I'll let you know what I find out next time I can fly. May be able to do some this evening when the winds calm down.

Nope, no backwards. Just tried the Avata in Normal and Sport. Trying to get things linked back to FPV and it's not working. FPV firmware is out of date so updating that now. Figured it was a mismatch as everything else got updated for Avata.

Nope, no backwards.
Yeah, I didn't think so. I didn't realize it until I was trying to land on my pad and needed to back up a bit. And it was at this time that I realized, nope, doesn't do that.

So I needed to physically turn myself around 180*, which turned the drone around as well, and then I moved it forward the few inches that I needed.

I had to connect the phone, firmware was out of sync, probably a FPV / AVATA mismatch. Did a little flying, video later or tomorrow, on both. Like the two controllers equally the same, I think I feel more comfortable with the motion controller as it feels just like flying a plane.

By the way, flying while sitting in a chair is much better.

By the way, flying while sitting in a chair is much better.
Indeed it is! Especially when you start doing some faster maneuvers! BTW, joined the FPVdronepilots forum and put my Autel Evo II Pro 6K up for sale. No sense in hanging on to a drone that I have no interest in flying. FPV has spoiled me!

After looking at some of the videos made by people that know how to fly, it's clear that I have a LONG ways to go. . .

So what happened to @marc2912? After his first (very well exacted flight) I expected to see/hear more from him. :unsure:

Latest resources

Back