Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Jeep mileage adds while towing?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My point of the video was “if the key was left on” the speedometer/odometer would be working. That would not be the norm. I have a battery cutout switch when I’m towing to disconnect the battery.

Cars are not like the bikes we rode as kids with the speedo connected to the front tire. On the older mechanical ones the speedo gear is in the transmission. Since the driveline is in neutral it will not register miles. Probably on the 2003, its ecm driven. Does not matter if its a digital or mechanical speedo, it will not register miles. I detest liars, you dodged a bullet
Been flat towing a 2016 grand Cherokee 4 wheel drive automatic transmission for about 4 years with no issues at all. Speedometer does not advance while towing. Hooking up to tow is easy. Just disengage the transfer case by pushing in a button with a ball point pen. I use a brake buddy and a blue ox tow bar.

Been flat towing a 2016 grand Cherokee 4 wheel drive automatic transmission for about 4 years with no issues at all. Speedometer does not advance while towing. Hooking up to tow is easy. Just disengage the transfer case by pushing in a button with a ball point pen. I use a brake buddy and a blue ox tow bar.
Yepp

This might explain why the steering wheel in the 2000 TJ I just bought does not lock at ALL?
I can't remember which model year but Chrysler eventually removed the steering wheel lock on the TJ.

I can't remember which model year but Chrysler eventually removed the steering wheel lock on the TJ.
The steering wheel lock on the Wrangler was removed about 1/2 way through the 2008 model year...

Latest resources

Back