• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Leash law/rules are for everyone

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Is all that anesthesia going to hurt him? Hope not.
We share that concern as well. After seeing the procedure last Friday, I fully understand why the sedation is necessary each time. However, we're hopeful that as Ryker progresses further along in his recovery, the surgeon will be able to find a less invasive or potentially harmful option for him.

That said, this whole procedure is far from a simple fix like setting a broken leg or getting him neutered. It’s really our last-ditch effort to give Ryker some semblance of normalcy in his day-to-day life. Earlier on, there were even discussions of amputation and other difficult options. So in this case, the risk of potential damage to other organs becomes not only an acceptable trade-off, but as much a lack of other options thing.

Yeah, it sucks, but it’s really that serious of an injury.

So, we had an issue with Ryker's dressing and cast replacement last week. We made a run back to Asheville to get the surgeon’s professional opinion. Fortunately, it wasn’t as bad as we feared! They redid everything the local vet had done, charged us a small fortune, and sent us home.

It’s been a long day. We were up at 4:00 AM to get ready for the trip, driving in the dark through a nasty storm, rain, wind, the whole mess. Seriously, what else could they throw at us?

But we’re back now, and it looks like pancakes and beer for dinner!

By the way @RKins , the sedatives they use for Ryker (spelling may be off) are Methadone HCL, Dexdomitor, and Antisedan. After chatting with the surgeon, they reassured us that this combo is extremely safe and could even be given multiple times a day if required.

I’m not sure about all that, but pancakes, bacon, and beer sound good to me. 😊

Latest resources

Back