• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Leash law/rules are for everyone

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’ve been waiting for an update, @Jim . I’m super happy he’s doing better.

Benjamin the lap dog sends his regards too.

Attachments

• IMG_1086.jpeg
    IMG_1086.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Too bad the world is so sensitive about anything that even LOOKS like a firearm. A paintball gun, with indelible "paint"balls might be highly effective. Makes the dog feel an impact and permanently marks the offender for later identification.

Repeat after me; "You won't be able to afford the legal fees from the lawsuit I file against you, let alone the punitive damages I'll be demanding."

This can be iterated toward both the offending dog's owner, AND the RV park's owner.

Here in my town, one can have their registered domesticated pet off leash, but it MUST be within sight AND obey verbal commands. Like that's going to stop an aggressive cur.
(Far too many folks think the i.d. tag they get from their vet is equivalent to the city's registration tag.)

Roger

I’ve been waiting for an update, @Jim . I’m super happy he’s doing better.

Benjamin the lap dog sends his regards too.
Hey Neemer, you guys are looking great! And thank you so much for your concern about Ryker. I told him about you and Benjamin and he's one happy doggie!

You guys are awesome. :)

We have about 6 more weeks of rehab before Ryker can do some outside, off leash exercise. Since we left Silver Springs, Ryker hasn't gotten his 3-times a week treadmill therapy. And we've noticed a difference too. So last month, we did some shopping and came up with this awesome, water treadmill.

It took my tractor with forks and another couple of hours or physical maneuvering to get it up on the back porch. All 400 lbs. of it! :eek: I've still got to put the legs on and hook up the plumbing, but hopefully we can get him started back on his 3-day a week aqua therapy real soon.

DSCN4695.JPG

DSCN4697.JPG

DSCN4699.JPG

We have about 6 more weeks of rehab before Ryker can do some outside, off leash exercise. Since we left Silver Springs, Ryker hasn't gotten his 3-times a week treadmill therapy. And we've noticed a difference too. So last month, we did some shopping and came up with this awesome, water treadmill.

It took my tractor with forks and another couple of hours or physical maneuvering to get it up on the back porch. All 400 lbs. of it! :eek: I've still got to put the legs on and hook up the plumbing, but hopefully we can get him started back on his 3-day a week aqua therapy real soon.

View attachment 24216
View attachment 24217
View attachment 24218
can’t wait to see that in action

Got the legs on and a few miscellaneous other things completed. Had to brute lift that thing to get the legs on, thought it was gonna kill me! Anyhow, did a dry run to make sure I understood the proper settings, and then put water in to just above Ryker's hocks.

This is well below where it should be for therapy, but it was a test to see how everything was going to work and how well he was going to adapt. It could have gone better, but it wasn't bad either. We'll do a real run on Sunday, with the water up to where it should be.

Anyhow, here is Mr. Ryker on his test run today.

As mentioned, you are all star parents of your fur babies. Looks like the one they had at the surgery center for rehab on our little dog. Question, how do you get the dog in there, besides the obvious? I see it has a door on the one end but I wouldn't think the dog would be happy standing around in the pool until you fill it up each time? Nor would you want to fill it each time - lots of water. Does it have a heater on it? I presume it does.

Question, how do you get the dog in there, besides the obvious? I see it has a door on the one end but I wouldn't think the dog would be happy standing around in the pool until you fill it up each time? Nor would you want to fill it each time - lots of water. Does it have a heater on it? I presume it does.
So first I should say that people who buy these things are generally not setting them up on their back porch like I did. But we're not in the vet business, so that's where this one sits.

The door is on one end, so you open it, bring the dog in, and then you fill it with water. From an engineering standpoint, (my viewpoint as well) it's not the best design. But it seems to be the norm.

Ordinarily, the volume from the water source would be much greater than just from a water hose, but that's all I have right now. Eventually I plan to feed it from a 1,000 gallon holding tank that is about 75' up the hill from where I have the treadmill set up. When that is complete, I'll be able to fill it in a few minutes VS the 10+ minutes it took to fill it for this first test.

And no, I doubt many dogs want to stand there waiting for the water to creep up around their legs, etc., but Ryker doesn't seem to mind it all that much. Probably because he's already had several months of this over at the rehab vets office.

There is an option to heat the water. But the water has to be in the tub first, and then it circulates through the heater until it comes to the desired temp. So again, serious design problem.

Put dog in, fill with water, heat water, chase wet dog that jumped out, catch dog, insert dog into vat of swirling hot water and then expect him to walk. Sure, what could go wrong???

I probably won't use the heater anyway, as the weather is quite nice and Ryker likes the cool water way more than if we heated it.

Tomorrow is his first big day with the water up to his chest! But throughout all his previous vet visits, he seems to enjoy it, so I don't expect any drama.

so many problems could be avoided by people, if they would just obey simple rules , sad,very sad.
Something I will keep in mind while camping, I hope Ryker has a full recovery

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back