• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Leash law/rules are for everyone

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@RKins, I should have mentioned, the treadmill design has a 2" valve in the bottom where a large input/exit water line is to be attached. In a commercial setting, the operator would turn on the water source and the water would rapidly fill the tub from the bottom.

After the treatment, the water could be dumped, or recycled, into wherever the water source was coming from. My application is a temporary setup (I hope), so all the supporting equipment is being replaced with a "water hose". ;) And the water source is a 1,000 gallon tank supplied with spring water, so water is free and gets dumped onto Trish's plants when we're finished.

Last edited:
Session #2.
Higher water level. 6 minutes @ 1 km/h (about .5 mph) He did much better today. He's probably starting to remember his therapy secessions from 3 months ago.

That was back in the day when he had his "people", lol. He loved the attention. :)

Just back from a few days in a BLM cg and a State Park cg. In the State Park cg, our dog was "rushed" by 3 different dogs. One was tied up outside laying under the 5th wheel (owners never came out, I'm not even sure they were there), the other ran loose (like the kids), and the third was off leash while it's owner was doing something at the picnic table (they had 6 dogs - 3 large, 3 small in a small camper). Our dog was in a harness on a retractable lead. The lead was out about 7 ft (yes a little long but walking Ruby is like having a sting-ray on the line, she can't seem to walk in a straight line very far) but we pull her in close when we are near people and dogs that appear to be a problem. I have decided that we just need to carry the little boat air horn can when we take the dog for a walk. A lot of pet owners who are just like the moron woman who locked the door of the only bathhouse in the park so she could take a "private" shower at 9PM (in a park full of tent campers and kids).

I'm going the stun gun route. Vipertek VTS 195 under 25 bucks (I really can't believe it's that cheap as it's very sturdy) on Amazon. Flashlight and stun gun that is extremity loud. I'm sure just the noise will divert most issues.

My favorites are the ones who have their dogs off leash on trails where they’re supposed to be on leash.

Yesterday, while riding a section of trail with lots of switches between shade and sun, I came across a woman walking with her dog. When they saw me coming, the dog went one way, and she went the other. I couldn’t tell until I got close that there wasn’t a leash stretched between them.

I don’t want to find out what would happen to a small dog hit by a cyclocross bike with a 190 pound rider at 20 MPH. Nor do I want to find out what would happen to me.

It isn't just campgrounds where dog owners violate leash rules and cause problems.

We were only in our new sticknbrick for a couple of months when us and our neighbors finally got our sod installed. We had observed our next door neighbors let their friendly dog run free whenever they came in or out of their house. The only time we seen a leach on their dog was in the early morning when one of them would walk him down to a vacant lot to crap. I started finding piles of dog do-do all over my side yard. I pointed it out to the neighbors and the female said jokingly "well, at least he is going in your yard".

She did come over the clean it all up but the problem continued. A few days later I told them their dog had to stop crapping in my yard. She replied "when we let him out at night we don't know where he goes to do his business". I told them there were rules in our subdivision that all dogs had to be leached and if they continued to let theirs crap in my yard I would have to report them.

We haven't found any more stuff in our yard but now they won't speak to us. I'm not sure people think rules always apply to someone else.

It’s a terrible story and you have every right to be angry. I don’t consider it an accident when the owners didn’t keep control of their dog.
Bob walks a LOT, and has been attacked by dogs AND cats.
Our toy poodle has never attacked anyone in her life, but she’ll bark like mad and scare them plenty if they’re afraid of dogs, so we keep her harnessed and leashed. There is a guy that walks in our neighborhood whom I believe is autistic and he’s definitely afraid of dogs. We are responsible for our dogs and others are not obligated to tolerate bad behavior from her.

we have some next-door neighbors that have adult children with large dogs …and when they’re visiting, they must be letting a dog loose because we’ll find a huge pile of crap in our yard about 15 feet from his truck. Right in front of our side gate. we also frequently hear big dogs barking when we go out in our own backyard. I don’t mind it if they settle down, and they do.

Sorry to hear about this. I hope your pup is ok. At a beautiful private RV Park at Wallowa Lake in Oregon, we meet my brother and SIL every year for the past 5 years. They just announced a no dog policy Memorial Day through Labor Day for the 2025 season. They couldn't keep up with irresponsible dog owners. Dogs off leash attacking other dogs, leaving barking dogs in RVs all day, and not picking up 💩. We usually arrive on Memorial Day after the crowds have left. They have pugs, we have a Chihuahua.
Spoiled, always leashed, and go with us to dog friendly restaurant decks, never left in our RVs. I get it. We'll just go a couple weeks earlier. It sucks that people nowadays can't seem, or don't care to, follow simple rules. The trend of today's world. 😔

Sad, this is the post COVID world. MHO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back