• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Loves RV Stop option

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
OK folks, this is My take. Property to use for a park has a fine price tag! Taxes! Utilities! And the like. Anyhow I see Loves efforts to free up truck parking as a great thing! But My fear is those wonderfully donated spaces for RVs may be lost as the overnight camps come on line! Don't know what the plan is, but plan on alternative camps in the not to distant future!

I have used those spaces on long hauls as needed. I don't like the noise. I don't like the fact that You have no idea the quality of the neighbors. All in all, I think of them as "buyer be warned" type FEMA camps!

I am making My way south again. With very little planning. I stay a couple weeks along the way at places like this one nestled along side a freeway, between two towns along the way! Quite far enough away from the foot traffic, to feel safe leaving the door unlocked!
View attachment 25551

My rig center! My dog Minnie in for ground! And yes! No leash! Never felt like leading My wife or children around on one, so I'm not going to change with beings I love!

Then again I won't be corraled behind a fence that contains unknown deviants and their many dogs that I can't trust!!!
My wife or children won't chase after another dog, my experience most unleashed dogs do, that's the purpose of leash laws, cost me a rotator cuff when a campers "good" dog, unleashed came after mine, good luck to you

My wife or children won't chase after another dog, my experience most unleashed dogs do, that's the purpose of leash laws, cost me a rotator cuff when a campers "good" dog, unleashed came after mine, good luck to you
Yah I get it! But I'd have a hard time loving a vicious wife! Let alone Keeping her! Same with any creature!🤔 I don't stay in places that have leash laws!

OK folks, this is My take. Property to use for a park has a fine price tag! Taxes! Utilities! And the like. Anyhow I see Loves efforts to free up truck parking as a great thing! But My fear is those wonderfully donated spaces for RVs may be lost as the overnight camps come on line! Don't know what the plan is, but plan on alternative camps in the not to distant future!

I have used those spaces on long hauls as needed. I don't like the noise. I don't like the fact that You have no idea the quality of the neighbors. All in all, I think of them as "buyer be warned" type FEMA camps!

I am making My way south again. With very little planning. I stay a couple weeks along the way at places like this one nestled along side a freeway, between two towns along the way! Quite far enough away from the foot traffic, to feel safe leaving the door unlocked!
View attachment 25551

My rig center! My dog Minnie in for ground! And yes! No leash! Never felt like leading My wife or children around on one, so I'm not going to change with beings I love!

Then again I won't be corraled behind a fence that contains unknown deviants and their many dogs that I can't trust!!!
How do you know if any of the occupants of those other rigs in the pic are "unknown deviants? You take the same chance there as you would at any other overnight stop.
That being said I also prefer an area like you have in the pic. But we also always have a firearm or two for protection because you never know who might come around.

How do you know if any of the occupants of those other rigs in the pic are "unknown deviants? You take the same chance there as you would at any other overnight stop.
That being said I also prefer an area like you have in the pic. But we also always have a firearm or two for protection because you never know who might come around.
😄 The answer to your question is! I know without question they are!!! Yet still amongst thieves the saying goes don't s##t in your own back yard! I know that is self explanatory!!!

So one big town is 109 miles away, the other 42! I know that because I had to go to town today for something I didn't put on My list.

So if no one is going to defile their back yard! And travel time is 45minutes away for the potential thieves! I felt confident enough to make that trip with only the screen door shut!!!

My shot gun at the foot of the bed is unloaded,as are the rest of my past life toys!

I would be much more concerned in a truck stop, or any other name they give it. For them I lock the door!!!

I am laying up for a couple of days at the RV Stop in Walsenburg, CO as I make my way to meet up with a Newmar Kountry Klub group in Albuquerque, NM on Saturday. For those who might be traveling in the area in Colorado on I-25 I recommend this RV Stop. Pull through sites, concrete pads, 50/30 amp service, water, complimentary dump station, and other amenities. You can see in the pictures the RV Stop sites are a good distance from the fueling area and the truck parking area so you don't hear any noise from the truck activity or Interstate. I was surprised when I rolled in there was only one other coach here. Maybe it will get busier over the Labor Day Holiday. Right now I have the entire place to myself... :ROFLMAO:

i-6pSW5h7-XL.jpg

]
i-hHrb8XD-XL.jpg

i-g5FxptG-XL.jpg

i-pQJCff2-XL.jpg

Very nice. What's the cost for that location?

With my Old Geezer discount it's $50.00 per night. They also offer discounts for Good Sam members and veterans.

I checked out a Loves RV Stop while fueling on the way to Gulf Shores last winter. I liked the theory of right off the highway, gas, sleep, go. But they were all back-in spots, which is a pain when dragging the Jeep four-down. Don’t really want to unhook for the night. When we head to the mothership, we do like the Ohio Turnpike RV spots. Wish more rest areas had them.

I am laying up for a couple of days at the RV Stop in Walsenburg, CO as I make my way to meet up with a Newmar Kountry Klub group in Albuquerque, NM on Saturday. For those who might be traveling in the area in Colorado on I-25 I recommend this RV Stop. Pull through sites, concrete pads, 50/30 amp service, water, complimentary dump station, and other amenities. You can see in the pictures the RV Stop sites are a good distance from the fueling area and the truck parking area so you don't hear any noise from the truck activity or Interstate. I was surprised when I rolled in there was only one other coach here. Maybe it will get busier over the Labor Day Holiday. Right now I have the entire place to myself... :ROFLMAO:

i-6pSW5h7-XL.jpg

]
i-hHrb8XD-XL.jpg

i-g5FxptG-XL.jpg

i-pQJCff2-XL.jpg
Looks like a different country, compared to the east coast.

I'm originally from the East Coast... Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Moved to the Colorado Rockies the Winter of 1973/74. The Rockies are a different country compared to the East Coast... :) ;) (y)

Latest resources

Back