Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Got some wear/tear I'm trying to get rid of and wondering which would be more cost effective. Recovering the original or just buying new furniture?

If you don’t mind a little side trip to Dubuque, these people do a wonderful job of reupholstering rv’s, especially Newmar’s:

They did our entire coach in a day & 1/2 in REAL Ultra Leather for a very reasonable price.
They can also send you replacement covers and you can have someone cover yours or do it yourself.

We did a mix. Our pleather was peeling on the Driver and passenger seats, so we had those recovered. I took them to the shop and they did both for about $1200 in some comfortable, long wearing cloth.
The dinette and sleeper sofa were replaced because they were pretty uncomfortable anyway.

reupholstered=custom, one of a kind.
Recovered =same old.
Replaced = definitely same old.

It depends on the furniture. When it came to the couch and booth, I replaced. The captions chairs we reupholstered ourselves. We bought remanence and cost about $30 per seat.

If you have Flexsteel furniture, Lisa Bauer is an excellent choice for reupholstering the old. If it’s Villa, you’ll have to deal with the other options.

Im having my front seats recovered/rebuilt/upgraded at around $3500. For me this is a good fix but all the other upholstery looks almost good as new. I’d rather do that than take a chance on new/different seats since I like the contours and functions of my current OE seats.

Since our peeling Villa brand was also very uncomfortable, we decided on replacing it with furniture from Bradd and Hall. We went with the Lambright Luxe theatre seating, Lambright Harrison jackknife sofa and Sawyer slim captains chairs. What an amazing change in comfort.

Latest resources

Back