Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No

Government abuse? They wouldn't do that. Come one, man.

This is one thing about our Teslas that is of concern. Essentially the vehicle can be GeoFenced with a forced software update or disabled. Tesla as long as Elon is in charge, I trust.
My fuel is the sun for the most part so that will be hard to regulate. The New Tesla app can force the Tesla charger to use only spare solar power during the day to charge the vehicle. Essentially 100% sun powered.

There are other things that are more insidious. Tesla insurance increases premiums if you drive between 10 pm and 4 or 5 am. Risk during the night time hours increases on average. Even if you are not bar hopping others on the road might be so the vehicle environment is higher risk. The old adage, nothing good happens in the dark of the night.

So you might not be banned from driving here or there, it just might be economically painful. Like the $49 toll to use the streets of lower manhattan.

In your Tesla with Tesla ins. 3rd shift premium just became less attractive.

The listening in on vehicle conversations and recording video, that is a problem for me. Too easy to abuse that one. Even Tesla employees got caught peeking in on XX videos caught on vehicle cameras...

This is one thing about our Teslas that is of concern. Essentially the vehicle can be GeoFenced with a forced software update or disabled. Tesla as long as Elon is in charge, I trust.
My fuel is the sun for the most part so that will be hard to regulate. The New Tesla app can force the Tesla charger to use only spare solar power during the day to charge the vehicle. Essentially 100% sun powered.

There are other things that are more insidious. Tesla insurance increases premiums if you drive between 10 pm and 4 or 5 am. Risk during the night time hours increases on average. Even if you are not bar hopping others on the road might be so the vehicle environment is higher risk. The old adage, nothing good happens in the dark of the night.

So you might not be banned from driving here or there, it just might be economically painful. Like the $49 toll to use the streets of lower manhattan.

In your Tesla with Tesla ins. 3rd shift premium just became less attractive.

The listening in on vehicle conversations and recording video, that is a problem for me. Too easy to abuse that one. Even Tesla employees got caught peeking in on XX videos caught on vehicle cameras...
Yah, what bothers me most is the human microwave thing going on in EVs.

GM's Onstar program has quietly already had the kill switch ability for quite a few years now. Since in the late 1990's actually.

Good revenue for old mechanics to keep ancient vehicles going. I actually hate all of this new technology and control even more.

Good revenue for old mechanics to keep ancient vehicles going. I actually hate all of this new technology and control even more.
The coral was fenced quite a few years ago (cash for clunkers), now they only need to close the gate!!! Older cars are hard to find today because people could not see the intent.

One reason we will hold on to the 2018 Ford for a while. 😎

I can go even more retro. An '81 VW diesel pickup. You can take my battery AND alternator out. I can still jump the fuel solenoid and with the help of couple of friends or a hill, bump start it. And then drive it until it runs out out of fuel. No lights, turn signals, or any of that but it will go. No electricity involved or needed. An unlikely scenario but I can do it.

I drove a '93 International flatbed w/hoist for a couple summers during college and it would do the same, it had a non-electronic DT466 with an Eaton 6 speed manual behind it. With only 200hp and under 500lbft of torque, it was a dog most of the time but it never failed to start. No fuel solenoid either, it had a cable actuate fuel shut off in the dash by the starter switch.

Latest resources

Back