Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar All Star - Mid Engine - Any Thoughts / Recommendations?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Congrats! You'll figure it out, enjoy the journey.

Alright y’all, I’m the proud owner of it! Thanks for everyone’s help! Now I gotta figure out everything else regarding camping Class A style!

Congratulations, now the fun begins in making it your own and the memories you will create.

Omg I can’t wait to see the renovation thread on this. It’s going to make me a little jealous I’m sure. The All Star is such a cool rig.

Omg I can’t wait to see the renovation thread on this. It’s going to make me a little jealous I’m sure. The All Star is such a cool rig.

Ha - thanks! We’re going to take it cross-country (Atlanta > Oregon > Atlanta) in July, first.I’ve got it at a shop now getting a once-over on most components to be ultra sure it’s safe and ready. We’ll also get a good feel on what we’d want changed... I’m super executed and super terrified all at the same time.

Nice! Congratulations on the new coach. I've always thought the All Star was an intriguing idea.

TJ

Hey Alex444 ..how do you like your All Star? Any praise/issues/etc? I'm curious..why?? Because I just bought an All Star too! Still have to pick it up..it's an 09 Toyhauler 4257. Would love to hear how your trip with it went

Hey man! We’re actually still on our trip now! Almost 4 weeks in. It’s been great, but a huge learning experience. We actually are really loving the All Star. It is a perfect layout for us. We’ve had some “classic” things go wrong, so I’ve been trouble shooting it a lot, but I think it’s because the prior owners left it idle for a while and didn’t maintain it. But it drives nice, is pretty nimble for it’s size, and again, we love the layout. Issues... we had out ATS go out right before the trip... I have read that they were recalled, so you might want to look into that. I bought a new top of the line ATS with a surge protector built in. Our slide controller is dying... so sometimes our slide won’t get enough amperage... its actually really easy to manually slide out though and a simple part to replace. And I had my ignition solenoid fail on me as well which left us stranded for a day, but thankfully its just a simple 12v momentary solenoid so any replacement would work, which I did myself.

So it’s been a blast. Congrats on the purchase! Let me know if you have any questions! Do you know any others on this forum who have one?

Hey man! We’re actually still on our trip now! Almost 4 weeks in. It’s been great, but a huge learning experience. We actually are really loving the All Star. It is a perfect layout for us. We’ve had some “classic” things go wrong, so I’ve been trouble shooting it a lot, but I think it’s because the prior owners left it idle for a while and didn’t maintain it. But it drives nice, is pretty nimble for it’s size, and again, we love the layout. Issues... we had out ATS go out right before the trip... I have read that they were recalled, so you might want to look into that. I bought a new top of the line ATS with a surge protector built in. Our slide controller is dying... so sometimes our slide won’t get enough amperage... its actually really easy to manually slide out though and a simple part to replace. And I had my ignition solenoid fail on me as well which left us stranded for a day, but thankfully its just a simple 12v momentary solenoid so any replacement would work, which I did myself.

So it’s been a blast. Congrats on the purchase! Let me know if you have any questions! Do you know any others on this forum who have one?
Hey Alex444.. Yes, I know about 5 people with All Stars.. 2 on the irv2 forums, and you on rvforums.com! I get mine in about a week. Tell ya what.. nothing like a 4 week trip to find out everything that can go wrong! I've dealt with ATS issues on my former rigs - I know that pain and inconvenience! Trust me!. So the slide controller is still an issue? What year is your chassis exactly? 2005 or 2006? (Or maybe even an 2007 on a 2007 coach?)

Hey Alex444.. Yes, I know about 5 people with All Stars.. 2 on the irv2 forums, and you on rvforums.com! I get mine in about a week. Tell ya what.. nothing like a 4 week trip to find out everything that can go wrong! I've dealt with ATS issues on my former rigs - I know that pain and inconvenience! Trust me!. So the slide controller is still an issue? What year is your chassis exactly? 2005 or 2006? (Or maybe even an 2007 on a 2007 coach?)
Yup - this has been quite the trip but honestly I wouldn’t have it any other way. I love tinkering with things and learning new things. And we’ve been able to see so much awesome stuff.

Yes the slide is still not working, I am using a cordless drill with a socket attachment, it’s actually pretty easy to manually do it. For the life of me I cannot find where the controller is though!

Mine is a 2007. Thanks!!

Latest resources

Back