Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Newmar All Star - Mid Engine - Any Thoughts / Recommendations?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks, will it also be pre-def and all the other emissions stuff that can be expensive to repair. I’m not finding much on which engine it has in it?

Thanks, will it also be pre-def and all the other emissions stuff that can be expensive to repair. I’m not finding much on which engine it has in it?
It has the Cummins ISL9 /350hp or 400 hp (dependent on Specific Floorplan) motor. A very capable, well built, 1200lbs of torque engine. Still made today on new RVs, although with 450hp

It has the Cummins ISL9 /350hp or 400 hp (dependent on Specific Floorplan) motor. A very capable, well built, 1200lbs of torque engine. Still made today on new RVs, although with 450hp
Yup. I have the 350. I’ve not towed with it but fully loaded inside it was fantastic. Easy up and down mountains (especially if you get the engine brake which I think was an option, not standard).

I’m going to be with mine most of the day today if you have any other questions. Replacing all the 13 year old exterior lights where the seals have aged.

Great, thanks I’ll look at more information on the engine and RV.

The asme was sold with either the ISC 350/360HP or the ISL400.

The floorplan 4154 was the only ISC engine in 2009, where as only the isc 350 was sold in 2007.

2008-2009 had a lot of overlap, as this was a very strange year for the industry.

I am familiar with the 2007 isc, and it drive very well. The weight distribution was noticeable in the corners, and it felt very peppy. The engine is slightly louder than a rear engine, and the area tends to get warmer like we see in the rear engines.

Major downside with all star design was the very poor bay area storage. This was made up for by the unique floor plans, such as garage, motorcycle slide, etc.

I would like to see the mid engine return.

I’d like to see it come back too, I would think it would be a good compromise between front and back engine design.

The asme was sold with either the ISC 350/360HP or the ISL400.

The floorplan 4154 was the only ISC engine in 2009, where as only the isc 350 was sold in 2007.

2008-2009 had a lot of overlap, as this was a very strange year for the industry.

I am familiar with the 2007 isc, and it drive very well. The weight distribution was noticeable in the corners, and it felt very peppy. The engine is slightly louder than a rear engine, and the area tends to get warmer like we see in the rear engines.

Major downside with all star design was the very poor bay area storage. This was made up for by the unique floor plans, such as garage, motorcycle slide, etc.

I would like to see the mid engine return.
It's true about storage.. I don't think any of the floorplans had "pass-thru" storage like a DP..but I have the 4257 with a huge Garage..so I can load tons of things in there and don't miss under-cab storage at all..but I suppose owners with the other floor plans may feel it lacking. Still - I can't get over how cool it is to have such a good Cummins engine, amazing Allison transmission and incredible Spartan chassis...with such a cool, unique floorplan like this. IMHO - I don't car what they do with the 2021 Canyon Star...it can't hold a candle to these All Stars!

That really great to here, the 4257 is the floor plan I’m looking at. I’ve never owned or worked on a diesel, but I have my fair share of motorcycle.

That really great to here, the 4257 is the floor plan I’m looking at. I’ve never owned or worked on a diesel, but I have my fair share of motorcycle.
They only made I believe 8 in 2008 and 9 in 2009.. (or vice versa).. the 2007 had about 10 made..so about 27 total were sold! It's tough to find.. but someone is selling a 2007 right now on RV Trader..my friend took a look at the one in Pennsylvania and said it look a bit worn and rough..but still good. The 2007s had a 2-piece windshield, PowerTech 7500 Generator, different nose/headlights and tail lights...and the Cummins was the 350hp version-also no Comfort Drive Steering system. Interior was pretty much identical. Mine is a 2008.. I really felt lucky to find one in July...I've use my RVs for business 80%, pleasure 20%.. the 2008 Toy Hauler was literally my dream vehicle...been renovating for my industry (Photo and Film Production Industry...Hair & Make Up Trailer) for last 3 1/2 months.. almost done!

WOW, that isn’t very many units sold. Well I’m still a few years away from buying my next RV. Maybe I’ll get lucky in that time. You keep enjoying yours, sounds like It really works for you .

Latest resources

Back