Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I am in the process of ordering a 2022 London Aire. This year the inventory allocations are very tight, so dealers are not willing to go as low as in the past.

When comparing dealers, my method is this:

1. Get the current order form, mark all standard options, and get a quote. This should be the out the door price, and not include trade.

2. Ask dealers to pass specials at their cost.
3. Get a purchase price for your trade regardless of where you buy. All dealers will do this.

Once you have your pricing, you should be good to go with that dealer to work on specials, place deposit, and get the order approved..

Now for the catch. An honest dealer will give you the newmar dealer quote that includes dealer cost. A dishonest dealer will only show you a redacted quote.

If they make excuses as to why they won't give you the original quote, then run. They are playing games and not being hquite.

For the last 2 quotes I received, the dealer had newmar cc me on the email with dealer cost. This eliminated all opportunities for the dealer to alter the quote.

Any dealer that won't do this is not being up front and trying to hide a profit. You may find that the dealers you thought were too high are actually cheaper.
Edit/Delete Message

I am willing to bet, any dealer which is not up front with a potential customer will lose their franchise once Newmar finds out. Newmar in the past and assumed now and future, keeps loyal dealers because, customer satisfaction is the thing which keeps us coming back. If you run across the dealer "redacting out the prices" then call Newmar and report them, they will not be a dealer for them any longer. In todays RV market, truth and upfront-ness is the key to success even with all the parts backlogs and price increases.

If this happens to me, I will be posting names, facts, and making sure people know.

I've mentioned this before, not sure where, but people buying RV's have no obligation to protect the information such as your pricing offered. I'm not sure why people don't disclose their numbers to help others. We should be helping one another, not the one that is ultimately making a fortune off of you. You may think you're getting something super special, that's the art of selling. People should share among each other in any form pricing, discounts, etc. across the board. This will in the end make dealers more competitive and benefit the buyer. Unless you sign a NDA, you have no obligation to keep your deal private. Doing so is not going to jeopardize your deal either, they are making money, a lot of money, regardless if they say "I'm not making much on this deal". Don't be naïve. Help your peers.

I am willing to bet, any dealer which is not up front with a potential customer will lose their franchise once Newmar finds out. Newmar in the past and assumed now and future, keeps loyal dealers because, customer satisfaction is the thing which keeps us coming back. If you run across the dealer "redacting out the prices" then call Newmar and report them, they will not be a dealer for them any longer. In todays RV market, truth and upfront-ness is the key to success even with all the parts backlogs and price increases.
Sorry but I have to disagree. Case in point "Camping World" and further case in point, McGeorge's RV Camping World (whatever their new name is) here in Ashland, VA. A complete disaster of a dealer that obviously I wasn't aware of and bought from. Newmar did the post purchase survey, of course, no change. Newmar needs the dealers more than the dealers need Newmar.

Sorry but I have to disagree. Case in point "Camping World" and further case in point, McGeorge's RV Camping World (whatever their new name is) here in Ashland, VA. A complete disaster of a dealer that obviously I wasn't aware of and bought from. Newmar did the post purchase survey, of course, no change. Newmar needs the dealers more than the dealers need Newmar.
Right hand to the Almighty, this is a true story.

That outfit is a mere 40 min from me. I was aware of their rep, but I thought I would give them a shot of at least being a contender in getting my business given their proximity.

I called and told them I wanted to come in and look at the various color swatches and cabinet finishes that Newmar had.

They told me they don’t do cabinets and referred me to Home Depot. ISYN.

I hung up the phone and ten minutes later was on the phone with NIRVC in ATL.

This story has a happy ending from a couple of different angles though. First, NIRVC earned my business and I couldn’t be happier about that. Second, CW/McGeorge/whatever lost the Newmar brand to General RV which is located adjacent to them. I have never dealt with General, but anything would be a step up from those other jokers.

When comparing dealers, my method is this:

1. Get the current order form, mark all standard options, and get a quote. This should be the out the door price, and not include trade.

2. Ask dealers to pass specials at their cost.
@redbaron ... could you also just ask for the 1) quote with the standard options out the door (no trade) and also the 2) list of specials with detailed pricing all at the same time and say you want them as two (2) separate numbers? If they don't want to do that it would also raise a red flag maybe.

FLSteve

@redbaron ... could you also just ask for the 1) quote with the standard options out the door (no trade) and also the 2) list of specials with detailed pricing all at the same time and say you want them as two (2) separate numbers? If they don't want to do that it would also raise a red flag maybe.

FLSteve
The process of getting specials approved can either be started with a dealer or with Newmar directly. Once the request is prepared, it is sent to the quoting department with a unique custom # based on the customer and coach model and floorplan. Newmar creates this unique identifier to try to eliminate duplication of effort. Starting the process with Newmar direct will not get you pricing information, but allow you to blanket quote every newmar dealer at once and compare the exact same price apples to apples.

Going to newmar direct first for all customs before talking to a dealer is the #1 recommended way to do it.

If you go that route, then you can compare the price of the coach with specials, and totally disregard all the details. The dollars are easily compared because the build sheet + newmar custom special order sheet will be the same for all dealers.

For those purchasing in the next 7 days that want to be grandfathered in on the the old pricing policy ( the price you sign off on remains unchanged ), you do not have time to go to Newmar.

That is the reason for this post. It really only applies for the next few days, because this is when you do not have a check and balance.

You will have to work with a dealer to get customs submitted. In order to do that, you need to choose a dealer, and there is no time to get final pricing.

My method for choosing allows dealers to compete on the same build, and be compared on price...assuming you get in writing that they will pass direct cost on to you.

Does that make sense?

Latest resources

Back