RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Say what you will, but I caved to an infomercial and purchased a Ninja Woodfire Grill with the intent of using it on the coach. I was going to try it out when it arrived by putting a couple of filets on, but figured I'd try burgers first to see just how it worked with the woodfire pellet box. The burgers came out great with just a hint of wood flavor, not as much as a smoker would be. Tonight I tried the two steaks. Set the temp to Hi, set the timer to 9 minutes, hit the woodfire button and let it preheat. When it's ready it displays "Add Food". I put the steaks on and when the lid closed it started it's countdown on the display. When it got to 4:30, the display showed "flip over". At the end of 9 min, it shuts down and the steaks are perfectly done med rare and very tasty. There are so many other features I have yet to explore (air fry, smoke, dehydrate, bake, roast, reheat), but so far, I'm sold on this little grill. I know I'll have to check with campgrounds as to usage of an electric grill, but it's very compact to pack and use. We'll probably do all our cooking outside now. BTW, anyone interested in one, the best deal I found was at Costco. Came with optional griddle plate, air fry basket, and cover cheaper there than anywhere I found.
20230725_155110.jpg
20230725_155659.jpg

Will look I to it! Last summer we picked up a little George Forman Grill almost as a joke out in Utah. It has become the go to for outdoor grilling. Small and simple. We never use it on any plastic or campground tables even though the bittom is telitively cool. Picked up a small folding aluminum side table as a stand. While very manual it is a good replacement for many things. Now if I could just figure out a replacement for our old propane C’ptan Cook pizza oven since we traded up to our all electric coach

Love to BBQ, Grill, whatever you wish to call it with wood flavor provided by oak wood, pellets, etc. Only problem is, lately we have found campgrounds banning the use of ANY wood fired (including pellet grills) BBQ's . We arrived at Newport Oregon Marina RV park and basically you camp on asphalt next to the ocean (NOTHING to catch on fire)...same with Avila Beach CA. Both ban wood fires as directed by the Fire Marshall. It's a trend (not a good one), but a trend. Here's my favorite method 😉

IMG_0590.JPG

Well, actually, this is my favorite 😉

IMG_0975 (1).JPG

Say what you will, but I caved to an infomercial and purchased a Ninja Woodfire Grill with the intent of using it on the coach. I was going to try it out when it arrived by putting a couple of filets on, but figured I'd try burgers first to see just how it worked with the woodfire pellet box. The burgers came out great with just a hint of wood flavor, not as much as a smoker would be. Tonight I tried the two steaks. Set the temp to Hi, set the timer to 9 minutes, hit the woodfire button and let it preheat. When it's ready it displays "Add Food". I put the steaks on and when the lid closed it started it's countdown on the display. When it got to 4:30, the display showed "flip over". At the end of 9 min, it shuts down and the steaks are perfectly done med rare and very tasty. There are so many other features I have yet to explore (air fry, smoke, dehydrate, bake, roast, reheat), but so far, I'm sold on this little grill. I know I'll have to check with campgrounds as to usage of an electric grill, but it's very compact to pack and use. We'll probably do all our cooking outside now. BTW, anyone interested in one, the best deal I found was at Costco. Came with optional griddle plate, air fry basket, and cover cheaper there than anywhere I found.View attachment 19848View attachment 19849
Jim, I bought one a few weeks ago and can't say enough good things about it. Reverse-seared steak was remarkable, but the thing that made me a true believer was the smoked air-fried hot wings. At 30 pounds, it's easy to carry in a small bay and I'm gaining a bunch of storage space by replacing my smoker and Weber grill. Winner!
4F14C70F-C153-43F8-A4E7-F7DA8B127110.jpeg

Love to BBQ, Grill, whatever you wish to call it with wood flavor provided by oak wood, pellets, etc. Only problem is, lately we have found campgrounds banning the use of ANY wood fired (including pellet grills) BBQ's .
That's what's nice about this. You don't have to use the smoke option, just use as an electric grill.

Jim, I bought one a few weeks ago and can't say enough good things about it. Reverse-seared steak was remarkable, but the thing that made me a true believer was the smoked air-fried hot wings. At 30 pounds, it's easy to carry in a small bay and I'm gaining a bunch of storage space by replacing my smoker and Weber grill. Winner!
Great minds think alike Buddy. Glad to hear you're liking it and can't wait to see you guys again at Hilton Head!

There is another thread somewhere around here that got started on this thing, I am also a fan. The recipe book tends to overcook for my/our tastes but with some tweaking of the temps and times it is working out great and I can bake and cook with it outside and not heat up the RV. Just air fried some tater tots last night and they were the best I have ever made, went from frozen to done in less than 15 minutes. Loving this little guy for two of us!

This thing looks really cool. How hard is it to clean up? Do you just plug it into one of the outlets in the bays?

HH

Inside the lid is looking like any other grill, pretty grease spotted. Cleaning is my only complaint at this time as I had gotten used to burning off the food residue and grease and a good brushing of the grate with my previous gas grills. This requires the grill portion being removed (it just lifts out) and being washed, we are adjusting! I power it from a short outdoor heavy gauge extension cord directly to the 120v on the park pedestal so I dont have to worry about competing with my AC's for power, as we are pretty much maxed out on our 50 amp service here in Prescott Valley AZ where its been over 100 for the entire month of July. If I tried to broil something in the coaches convection oven I would have to turn off an AC or pop a breaker. NO bueno in 100 plus heat!

I've been wiping the inside of the lid with a paper towel after each use to hopefully stay ahead of it. I have to remember, it is an outdoor grill though. BTW, I did test it running off the receptacle in the basement and it worked fine. The lead supplied on the unit is only rated at 13 amps (16 ga) so I don't anticipate a problem unless the voltage is low.

I've been powering mine using a bay outlet and a 25' 12-gauge extension cord. We're in northern Wisconsin for the summer, so no electrical stress with the ACs. I am also just wiping the inside of the lid with a paper towel between meals. @Scotttkd2 is correct about there being another thread on this topic. I started it, but @Neal was poo-pooing it because it was too small to cook a t-rex brisket (he'll come around the next time the Amazon truck drives past his house without slowing down).

Latest resources

Back