Mountain Aire 4519
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan K3
Engine
Cummins 500
TOW/TOAD
2023 Ram 1500
I've been using the Asmoke 350 for the past 18 months with mostly-good results. Temperature stability has not been a strong point, so I've been watching for a better choice. A friend recently recommended his new discovery and has been sending me pix of his results, and now I have to reconsider what I'm cooking with. The Ninja Woodfire Outdoor Grill & Smoker is smaller and weighs less than the Asmoke, cooks faster, uses less pellets and has air fryer capability. Anyone have experience with it? Get your credit card ready @Neal

How we gonna fit a brisket in that???? :)

I was all excited but then it looks like closed grates, so it's essentially a griddle, with ribbing, that smoke gets into?

Awaiting full testing, send samples to the lab, not the shedding one :)

Had to check this out, and I have to admit I am impressed with it so far. Still getting to know it, the recipe book that comes with it with cook times leans toward well done, so I am working on my times on the grill, but its impressive how quickly it heats up, and how well it browns due to the air convection (also affecting temp and cook times) I have to admit to being a smoker noobie, and the first try I got the meat to well done and used a robust wood pellet combo that wife didn't like, but as I said, tweaking it. As an all in one device it has a lot of advantages. We are sitting in 100 degree heat in northern AZ and heating up the RV to cook anything doesn't help. I have used the bake option to make some killer meatloaf, a few casserole, and just got the griddle attachment delivered today to do breakfast eggs, pancakes, bacon etc. My only complaint is cleanup as I was used to just letting the gas grill "burn off" the residue and then a healthy scrape before the next use. This requires the grill/griddle to come out each time for cleaning so more work. Over all I am liking it and look forward to getting it dialed in on cook times. Haven't tried the air dryer mode yet, but mine bought a separate air dryer that didn't make it into the RV due to space limitations so now we have that covered as well. BTW, it needs a 15 amp circuit, so I run a heavy duty extension cord directly to the park power 20 amp 120V outlet and dont affect my ability to run all 3 air conditioners. So far no popped breakers like I would get when occasionally running the broil mode in my built in convection oven. You wont feed a crowd easily or cook a 20lb brisket with it but for two of us its pretty cool and I am not disappointed at all.

Agree with Neal. Another fancy griddle.

I'll stick with my Weber Jumbo Joe and lump charcoal. More labor intensive for sure, but for me that is the essence of the cook.;)

I'm agreeing with @Scotttkd2 on this one. Couldn't get @Neal to bust out the credit card, so I did it for myself, and couldn't be happier. The NWG is the easiest and fastest grill/smoker/air fryer I've ever tried, and - just ask the DW - I've used plenty of them. This thing's a keeper, and for me, a sure sign of 'keeperism' is when I toss the original box...it happened on the third cook. Interesting that Amazon has it 'marked down' to the regular price of $329 for the Prime special. Got mine at Sam's Club with the griddle and cover for $299.

I'm agreeing with @Scotttkd2 on this one. Couldn't get @Neal to bust out the credit card, so I did it for myself, and couldn't be happier. The NWG is the easiest and fastest grill/smoker/air fryer I've ever tried, and - just ask the DW - I've used plenty of them. This thing's a keeper, and for me, a sure sign of 'keeperism' is when I toss the original box...it happened on the third cook. Interesting that Amazon has it 'marked down' to the regular price of $329 for the Prime special. Got mine at Sam's Club with the griddle and cover for $299.
We'll see how well it works when you get here later in the year. :)

Saw an Eagle fly by today, and that's Rare!
Especially in your neck of the woods! Hope to see one when we're there.

Latest resources

Back