• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Ninja Woodfired Cooking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Paging professor @GlampDaddy - @sheridany has cooking problems on par with my golf problems (no pun intended). 9-1-1

Rescue Emergency GIF

I think the typical cook stop is a few degrees prior (5?), per CJ, as during rest the cook continues. I think the trend of info from others getting on board with Ninja's is it cooks fast and this is why CJ also stresses time is irrelevant, it's all about temp. Definitely want to undershoot the cook vs. overshoot (temp).

I agree 100%. I assumed it would include the rest period as part of the cook and tell me to pull them sooner, which is what happened when I used the smoker setting for the pork tenderloins. That did not happen with the grill setting. The devil is in the details.

I agree 100%. I assumed it would include the rest period as part of the cook and tell me to pull them sooner, which is what happened when I used the smoker setting for the pork tenderloins. That did not happen with the grill setting. The devil is in the details.
The last 1.5 years I have been in cooking 101! My source tells me the quality of the meal is in experience! ( Know your equipment). She says it is that simple!!!

Maybe I will live long enough to prove her right 😁😁😁

We did marinated chicken breast last night and they were overdone. You can’t underestimate how hot the grill gets and I used the app to set the food I was cooking by temp which was 165 which is standard for chicken. I am not sure the thermometer wire that comes with the grill is very accurate but when I compared it to my thermo pen it was one degree difference. Next time I am going to pull them a little sooner at 160 and rest them under foil cover. The remaining chicken becomes chicken salad so not all is lost. Today we are going to do pork tenderloins again. Getting this grill dialed in takes more practice than I expected.
I think stating the obvious some temps published are food safety numbers. I use 165 for chicken but some others seem too high for my liking. Steaks for example. It’s too easy to overcook.

Paging professor @GlampDaddy - @sheridany has cooking problems on par with my golf problems (no pun intended). 9-1-1
It wouldn't hurt to read the second post in this thread. It may also be necessary to use a second temp probe to monitor the actual temperature inside the Ninja while cooking. If it's too far off, ask Ninja to replace your unit.
I usually take food off the grill about 5 degrees less than I want the final temp. And, some meats do not require the standard 'posted' temps found on handy kitchen reference materials. For instance, my reference materials claim pork needs to be 165, or it may kill you. I fed Neal pork tenderloin that I took off the smoker at 140, let it rest, and he's still alive to brag about it.

I fed Neal pork tenderloin that I took off the smoker at 140, let it rest, and he's still alive to brag about it.
And he went and bought a Ninja after that meal! Results speak for themselves, and everyone else roped into this. Wasn't my fault!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back