Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Looks like Dometic will be the only supplier of dual fuel RV Refrigerators left in the US. RV MFGs are having to move to 12V refrigerators to fill that need for smaller RV applications.

I've never heard anything good about them but then again all you typically hear is the bad. In their case - fires.

I've never heard anything good about them but then again all you typically hear is the bad. In their case - fires.
Ours smoked in our Revolution. Kinda freaky. Lots of smoke and we got it out quick. We replaced it with a whirlpool.

We have a dometic 3 way in our trailer. (We have never actually used it on 12 volts). Ours is a 2022 and interesting to note that 3 way fridges are no longer available from Nucamp. Now it’s strictly 12 volt. No propane at all. If ours quits we’ll have to go that route which is fine although we’ll have to upgrade solar and battery bank for a more robust setup.

Another "Made In CCP (China)" move. Thus quality will suffer (always does). It's the result of lifting tariffs. (Sorry Neal for getting political) What does this do to the AMISH company (?) that works on RV refrigerators. Does it have any impact whatsoever?

A good friend of ours won a big lawsuit when his coach burnt to the ground because of a norcold fridge.

With the fires I've heard of I imagine legal and damages may have something to do with it.

That and they wont keep ice cream frozen - a deal breaker for me!

Another "Made In CCP (China)" move. Thus quality will suffer (always does). It's the result of lifting tariffs. (Sorry Neal for getting political) What does this do to the AMISH company (?) that works on RV refrigerators. Does it have any impact whatsoever?
Probably will increase the value of their inventory - their warehouse is loaded.

Latest resources

Back