Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What options on New RV that end up never used?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Reading the thread about sub-standard factory equipment reminded me of another useless option: OE Nav systems. They have a hefty price tag and are not nearly as good as an after-market Garmin RV unit, so I never use the factory nav.

Outdoor TV has never been used.
Bedroom TV was never used, so I removed it and put a jewelry board in for my wife.
The Sat/Internet “system” is installed, no Dish.
We use an internet hotspot that works perfectly for anything we need.

We tested the outdoor TV and sound system - once. It worked and haven’t used it since.
Have mobile satellite dish on the roof and stationary antenna. Neither are used after confirming they worked.
Universal remote control - hasn’t been used in 3 years. Maybe if satellite was still in use the remote would be useful.

Dishwasher. How many have used their dishwasher. I used it once in my last bus. The dishwasher was omitted in the production build of the current bus. I don’t miss it.

The TV on the front cap. The bedroom TV. Me and the DW have been married 35 years and never had a TV in the bedroom. I have always said there two things should be going on in the bedroom. Watching TV ain't one of them.

And the central vacuum

Outdoor TV has never been used.
Bedroom TV was never used, so I removed it and put a jewelry board in for my wife.
The Sat/Internet “system” is installed, no Dish.
We use an internet hotspot that works perfectly for anything we need.
As long as you have cell service all the time

And the central vacuum
The central vac is one option I use daily. With all the hair from two long haired dogs and all the dirt they track in, I sweep the coach at least twice a day and having the central vac inlet in the middle of the coach makes the job quick and easy. I also use it to vacuum out the basement compartments as there is also an inlet there.

A few more things that I did not order
Wifi system - What's weird is an unnamed salesperson at transwest told me, you cannot use the rv without buying one of the wifi options, the systems run on wifi (they also said that if you do not order the chrome handles, you do not get fob opening storage doors) Both not true.
Central Vacuum - (Comes standard on my order) A waste, bulky and cumbersome. By the time you get the hose and tools out, I have finished vacuuming with my Dyson Stick
Storage freezer/fridge - We have a huge residential fridge, why spend $3,500 plus for a glorified cooler. I did order the prep so I have 110 and 12v plug handy
Nav - as stated its horrible but it was not an option, it was a standard on my order

Last edited:
It’s funny how one man’s useless option is another’s savior. I’m talking about dishwashers @sheridany. :p

Latest resources

Back