Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What options on New RV that end up never used?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Dishwasher. How many have used their dishwasher. I used it once in my last bus. The dishwasher was omitted in the production build of the current bus. I don’t miss it.
Well, we never would have ordered one but our current coach came with one.

Now that we are full time, it is a great thing to have and use it all the time.

Had we stayed traveling the way we did prior to retirement it would have been storage probably.

It’s funny how one man’s useless option is another’s savior. I’m talking about dishwashers @sheridany. :p
Same with central vac - I use it daily but I rarely use the hose kit, so I guess its just an expensive dust pan, but I still like it and if I ordered a new coach (very doubtful at this point) I’d include it again.

Thanks for the reminder, I use a Dyson and don't use the central vac as the hoses and tools take up too much room whereas the Dyson breaks down and stores in my AV compartment.

Neemer, you are exactly right. My wife uses the dishwasher regularly. We have not turned on two of the TVs. We use the stationary starlink and dish. And hotspots. Rich, I guess use just open the port and broom everything to it?

Heat pads for the holding tanks are an option I’ve never used. Its probably best to have them but in the four years I’ve owned this coach, I’ve never turned them on. Also while I like the central vac, I just noticed that its now $1300! Triple what it was in 2020.

Heat pads for the holding tanks are an option I’ve never used. Its probably best to have them but in the four years I’ve owned this coach, I’ve never turned them on. Also while I like the central vac, I just noticed that its now $1300! Triple what it was in 2020.
Whats weird is the vacuum is now standard on a superstar. I do not even want it. They should make heat pads and security lights a standard not the vacuum

Last edited:
An option I have on my current bus should be standard on all coaches. Patio lights built into the rear cap. Whether you are backing up in the dark, unhooking the toad, or working in the engine compartment they have proven to be very helpful every time.

An option I have on my current bus should be standard on all coaches. Patio lights built into the rear cap. Whether you are backing up in the dark, unhooking the toad, or working in the engine compartment they have proven to be very helpful every time.
I added these to mine. Also LED side lights up front. I don’t like arriving at night but when I do I like to be able to see what I’m doing. Factory back up lights are nearly useless.
IMG_8806.jpegIMG_8805.jpeg

Rich the backup light. Did run power to the dash for on off,or do you get power up from the engine compartment?

Latest resources

Back