Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question What options on New RV that end up never used?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Rich the backup light. Did run power to the dash for on off,or do you get power up from the engine compartment?
I got power from the back-up light wiring in the rear. I need to add a switch (probably in the chassis battery compartment) to use the light when the coach is not running. But that made it easy and I didn't have to run 35’ of wire - comes on whenever I’m in reverse.

Cool. A switch and a diode would make it even better.

Kevin, put the fused switch in in the engine compartment like he said. Add a diode to the backup up light so he still gets the lights when he goes into reverse. The diode goes into the backup line so you don't get any back feed.

Kevin, put the fused switch in in the engine compartment like he said. Add a diode to the backup up light so he still gets the lights when he goes into reverse. The diode goes into the backup line so you don't get any back feed.
Honestly I think the diode would be redundant! That said I could appreciate the diode for the voltage drop!!! Why not 2 or 3?

I am so glad I don't camp where you guys camp!!! Got a story to tell, but choose not to at this time, people camp to enjoy solitude in my world, not see others efforts to take tech with them!!!

I appear to have led this thread astray for which I apologize…

Last edited:
Was talked into ordering that ridiculous useless "Wi-Fi Ranger" thing on my coach! o_O
Only time it was ever used, was when the tech logged in on it to show us how it was used!
Couldn't log in, had an ATT sim card (I have Verizon), messed with it about an hour, no luck, turned it off, & hasn't been on since!!:mad: UGH!!!

We bought an older, used RV and it came with one of these which I will never use.....

jack.jpg

Latest resources

Back