• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oasis down again....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I understand, I however have spaghetti when I troubleshoot. The plastic conduit is removed all zip ties have been cut and I am in the mess measuring and tracing. Then again I am certified and I won't tell you how.
Kevin, you are more than welcome to work on mine?. We are in UT at the moment. This morning was 37F.

for the moment we are south of Flagstaff waiting to pick up 1000w of solar as one of my panels got a broken trace.

Red Baron,
The jumper is connected to the wire coming from Water Heater II CB
Neither WH I or WH II are working. That’s what started all that.

My panel is wired similar to others shown. I have the 3 ac units, if you need a shot of my panel let me know

My panel is wired similar to others shown. I have the 3 ac units, if you need a shot of my panel let me know
Thank you. I will let you know when I get into repairing it.

Hmmm, I checked most of the AC side of the wiring when I picked up. Now going back to it within week, to pull covers and make sure all are tight. Since all of it is copper wire, it should have been torqued to the required value when install is done. Not looking forward to this job, because got to do it with everything off. Master switch's in rear passenger side bay, genset off, AGS off, inverter off. Flashlight time, or battery powered work lite. Glad mine is in the front cabinet instead of the bath area. Will advise. Suggest to all, you take the time to check all connections as tight, don't overtighten them either, makes it just as bad. In Last MH, it was an electrical nightmare, and as Neal Said, the Connection in the TS need to be checked as well. Why should we have to reinvent the light bulb here, Newmar says they have excellent QC. But we had 31 fixes done at end of first year, many things, should have been caught at the QCI inspection. Newmar, should have a volunteer customer, and the QCI inspector walk through coaches, and I will wager, I can find several things, they miss. WHY? Simple, I could take my time, and it's not under the skin issues, I am talking things the little lady's will complain about. Oh, I could go on and on.

This morning I had all what I needed to replace the EMS module at the top of the circuit breaker panel.
Turned off the 50A breaker on the pedestal outside, pulled off the plug and locked the cover. (had a case while working in the hangar on the electrics: I had the breaker OFF and taped on top with masking tape. An idiot came, and without asking ripped the tape off and turned on the breaker = Big Balls of Fire in my face. That's why I use a lock as electricians do)
Turned off Generator CB and turned off the inverter. Tested the panel for any current just to make sure it has no hot wires.
Removed the wires one by one while labeling each one where it goes.
Tried to slide the module out. NO GO? all the wires behind the panel were zip tied without any slack. It is Newmar thing.
Managed to cut them carefully one by one without cutting any wires.
Long story short, it took me about an hour+ to put back everything together. Turned all the power, and no smoke so far?
The Oasis work as intended. Below is a photo of the burned area of the module.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_a8d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_a8d.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 40
Gotta feel great to have everything back to safe working order. Sorry you had to spend money/time to fix others carelessness. Good work.

Gotta feel great to have everything back to safe working order. Sorry you had to spend money/time to fix others carelessness. Good work.
Thanks Jerry.

Glad you got it fixed @Buly. Curious how many wires were connected on the back side of module?
Nice job.

Latest resources

Back