Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I haven't referenced any service manuals, just a thought and asking. Is there ever a time period that the antifreeze used by OASIS is flushed and replaced? Or do we just use it forever and top it off as needed?

According to the label of the Century Oasis Heater transfer fluid the pHh should be checked every 6 mos. The Ph range should be maintained between 9.0 and 10.0 pH.
century fluid Ph.png transfer fluid label.png

Has anyone on this site or know of anyone to have tested or replace their ITR OASIS heater fluid? If so, how do you test it? Where do you sample from? How would you drain and replace it?

I hate that feeling something is being neglected but I have a hunch this is one thing many if not all of us are not tending to.

As I'm headed to Newmar in Sept I checked their routine services sheet and didn't see it so I asked for a quote. It's around $800 to flush and service the heater fluid. As this will be just over 4 years for me I'm going to have it done. I'd rather not deal with that mess. I do believe this fluid is critical and should be serviced properly. Betting most don't as I haven't heard it discussed much. I like my hot water.

Wish they made a Nitrate Free OAT Extended Life Propylene Glycol coolant GRAS certified for the life of your Oasis... I just switched my Engine and Generator over...

Everything that I’ve read indicates that the fluid does not need to be changed. Here is a good thread.

Read the link in post #5 above per ITR for service schedule.

I'm not concerned about color. There is a pH you have to check and ITR says replace every 36 months.

Latest resources

Back