Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Peplink's next generation coming (MAX BR2)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Just saw this video on YouTube in my feed. Looks like Peplink is coming out with their next line of routers. While I don't know any details such as pricing etc. and have no plans to upgrade from my outstanding BR1 Pro 5G units (2) I'm simply amazed at how fast Peplink is innovating and coming out with great solutions for vehicle based solutions.

What are you doing for sims now. What plan(s) do you have that support 5G? My current sims are from a mobley and a Verizon prepaid. Haven't looked at sim plans in a while. I'm currently in a max transit duo.

It’s obvious who the real enabler of the forum is.

key words, "no plans".... let us know how they work once you get them installed ;)

Have noted that lack of planning does not equate to lack of action......

cheers,
j

I bought the new one last year. It's 5G with a CAT 20 modem. I don't think this new one obsoletes mine yet, they just added a lot of port redundancy (if you need that kind of thing.)

What are you doing for sims now. What plan(s) do you have that support 5G? My current sims are from a mobley and a Verizon prepaid. Haven't looked at sim plans in a while. I'm currently in a max transit duo.
  • AT&T Mobley
  • AT&T Prepaid 100 GB for 55/mo I think it is (to explore 5G with the 5G pepwave) - likely to be deactivated as it's not needed, Mobley does just as well but want to see in upcoming travels
  • Verizon 65/mo unlimited prepaid (don't think you can get this any more)

• AT&T Mobley
  • AT&T Prepaid 100 GB for 55/mo I think it is (to explore 5G with the 5G pepwave) - likely to be deactivated as it's not needed, Mobley does just as well but want to see in upcoming travels
  • Verizon 65/mo unlimited prepaid (don't think you can get this any more)
Ok, I have first and third on that list, that's my setup (plus FMCA t-mobile and work Verizon as backup, backups). I'm assuming neither the mobley nor Verizon prepaid support 5G, correct? Haven't gotten a 5G router/hotspot to test either of those sims with 5G.

Mobley I don't think so, not sure but doubt it. But I'm rarely in a true 5G area, it's all marketing nonsense that carriers call it 5G, well, maybe it's going out through a newer 5G antenna, but it's still effectively LTE, IMHO.

Verizon - yes, it shows 5G in the Pepwave and speeds are good. Again, not true 5G but the Pepwave shows when you have a 5G connection vs LTE.

The AT&T prepaid includes 5G and I got it to compare against the Mobley and/or get better AT&T speeds if I can get true 5G which has not occurred yet. To date the AT&T Prepaid with 5G and Mobley get the same speeds.

Looking for a dual modem peplink to put in my father's house as a backup to his cable internet. I have Max Transit Duo. Do they have a 5g dual modem model I should be looking at for him?

Looking for a dual modem peplink to put in my father's house as a backup to his cable internet. I have Max Transit Duo. Do they have a 5g dual modem model I should be looking at for him?
I don't believe the 5G Duo model is out yet.

Scott

Latest resources

Back