• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Poured in n 7.5 gallons of Blue DEF

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm not at all squeamish about getting dirty, but truck stop DEF nozzles are beyond my threshold. I'd rather change my grandson's diaper after a blowout poop than touch a DEF nozzle covered in crystalized urine.
LOL - It is messy but the urea used in DEF is manufactured synthetically with ammonia and CO2.

I always use nitrile gloves when at the pumps - diesel or def. Keeps my hands clean and don’t have to smell diesel after continuing to drive after filling up.

Have always filled up at Truck Stops using the Open Roads/TSD fuel card for over 5yrs now w/o any issue. Never once filled with a 2.5gal container.

I added a shelf to the DEF bay door, I place the box on the shelf, the hose in the hole and walk away. It's not a huge deal, but I have a terrible back and standing there holding DEF containers is not one of my favorite things to do.

Attachments

• 20190108_120510.jpg
    20190108_120510.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 8
I added a shelf to the DEF bay door, I place the box on the shelf, the hose in the hole and walk away. It's not a huge deal, but I have a terrible back and standing there holding DEF containers is not one of my favorite things to do.
Hey there you are. Was just talking about you in post five.

I just stuck a knife in the handle and made a small hole to get it to move along.
I also think it’s easier to handle out of the box

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back