RV Model
Wildwood XL 253 RLXL
RV Length
25 ft or so
TOW/TOAD
Chev 2011 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ
Fulltimer
No
We just completed a week in the Smokies in our 2016 Forest River Wildwood XL, 253RLXL. What a wonderful experience with the trailer. It tows beautifully with our 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ, {10 MPG} and the accommodations in the trailer are a delight to use and enjoy. All systems performed perfectly and the accommodations were very comfortable.

The leaves were beautiful, although we had a day of rain and fog. Temps were from a low in the lower 30s, frost in the morning, to a high in the 50s. So proud of our trailer and tow vehicle. Makes life very enjoyable and a delight to entertain friends. Now it is approaching time to winterize and think forward to trips in the spring.

Oh by the way........Tennessee interstates are mostly potholes with a bit of pavement in between. Really some of the worst I've driven on in 10 years. We hit one pothole and I was sure I'd damaged a wheel on the truck or on the trailer. Dang thing was at the approach of a bridge, and I'd estimate the pothole to be 4" deep and at least 12" wide. I saw some which had rebar exposed. Really tire killers.
Road construction on I-40 in and out of Knoxville is a 5 MPH crawl.

But once you get there, the views are awesome.

Latest resources

Back