Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
I know there have been previous posts on this topic but was wondering if some enterprising folks have come up with any new ideas on rear mounted flag poles, especially where there is no ladder for attachment and no removal of toad towing gear. I did this one using 2” PVC attached to the hitch but I’m still on the lookout for better ideas.
33459229-A4D8-4FB9-99DB-A5E15C3FC6FB.jpeg

I can't comment on the flag pole, but I sure can say that a beautiful coach and an awesome "flag".

I didn't want anything that interfered with the center receiver, so I added another to the driver's side of the hitch frame. I used an 8" receiver (Harbor Freight), added tabs to both sides and then used "U" bolts to attach it to the top of the OEM hitch. It's pretty discreet. I then took a piece of square tubing that fit the receiver and welded a piece of tubing that fit the flagpole to it. I store the flagpole holder in the starting battery bay. I made it just long enough so it fit in the door opening. I use the same pin to hold it in place, in the storage bay, that holds it in the receiver.

View attachment 4425

View attachment 4426View attachment 4427View attachment 4426View attachment 4425View attachment 4427

Welcome back @Dutch Star Don. I hope to see more of your participation. Your ideas are always welcome.

I too had the same thought about adding to the hitch bar. I was going to approach it with something readily available like this:
1607432516161.png

My only reservation is the distance above the ground. The higher the better, in my opinion. Especially with a 20 feet tall, 3 inch diameter telescoping pole. This is one project to complete coming soon to my wintertime in Arizona. YIPPEE!

Why not just get a real flag pole set up from Uncommon USA. You can get the mount to go under a tire or the hitch mount. We ended up with both when we purchased the flag pole several years ago. For a 4369 floorplan the under-tire mount works great under my passenger side tag tire.

"RandyB" I don't like to fly mine way above the height of the coach, so the pole height at the hitch is fine. I can be 5' above the roof line and still have one section of pole to extend. I also angled the upright slightly away from the coach, so the wind can't force the pole into the coach.

"FL-JOE", I know I and many others are trying to avoid extra work of setting up the flag pole. To use the coach hitch, requires a substantial amount of time and energy to unlock, remove the anti rattle device and then remove the heavy tow bar. The units that go under the tire require planning ahead and pulling the base out while positioning the coach when you arrive. If I have to do either of those things, I know the flag pole wouldn't get used. I like to keep setup and departure simple. When we go in for the evening on our last night at a campsite, nothing is left to do in the morning, but air up the coach and disconnect utilities.

That is exactly my reasoning. KISS.
FL-JOE", I know I and many others are trying to avoid extra work of setting up the flag pole. To use the coach hitch, requires a substantial amount of time and energy to unlock, remove the anti rattle device and then remove the heavy tow bar. The units that go under the tire require planning ahead and pulling the base out while positioning the coach when you arrive. If I have to do either of those things, I know the flag pole wouldn't get used. I like to keep setup and departure simple. When we go in for the evening on our last night at a campsite, nothing is left to do in the morning, but air up the coach and disconnect utilities.

I bought the 22' flag pole for my RV and really like it! The instructions are step-by-step, the components are well made, and the poles and flags are easy to remove from the stands. I also bought a polarity-matching LED system.
What site did you buy your components?

Latest resources

Back