• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV water filters

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Surface area on the camco is too small. And no easy way to verify it’s condition.
Hence why we transitioned to using the 10” big blue style, with a clear canister.

I'm using a dual filter canister setup in the wet bay (sediment + carbon). The camco is just a crud stop first line of defense and no expectations of it beyond that.

I'm using a dual filter canister setup in the wet bay (sediment + carbon). The camco is just a crud stop first line of defense and no expectations of it beyond that.
Did you ever post a picture of how you fit them in? I would really love to go to a dual big blue, but it's just two deep.

Did you ever post a picture of how you fit them in? I would really love to go to a dual big blue, but it's just two deep.
I'll take one soon, I'm headed to the wet bay later to replace my relay for sani-con.

IMG_5249.JPG

I probably drilled new holes. Newmar puts a backing board behind it as the white wet bay panels are plastic and flex. You can see I also 3D printed a support for the lower area of the filter housings to give them support and keep them plumb. Prevents that flexing moment. Nothing fancy needed but something to consider in an install.

Moving on from the single canister has been on my dodo/want list for a while, but so far I haven't come up with an option I like that will easily fit, but maybe the dual standard canister like you have is best approach and give up on the idea of higher flow big canisters.

Left Hearthside Grove this morning and when disconnected my water line from my camco "pre-filter" brown yuck came out. I tossed that blue filter and figured I'd better check my house filter, at least for the photo op but I'm home in two days so really don't want to put a fresh filter in right now. So I dropped the sediment filter housing and surprised it was actually clean. The pre-filter did its job.

Saw brown come out of faucet this morning, yuck, at new CG and drained fresh and refilling it now. No thanks for HG water!

Latest resources

Back