• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RVing with E-Bikes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Come on @Jim, try one of these. It comes with a 10% off coupon for your first collar bone surgery.

Well I would, but . . . no place to hold my beer. :)

The e-bikes are compelling for sure. They look like a ton of fun! One question I have is what is the best way to carry them? Do you use a bike rack on the back of your toad? Are there special bike racks for e-bikes?

The e-bikes are compelling for sure. They look like a ton of fun! One question I have is what is the best way to carry them? Do you use a bike rack on the back of your toad? Are there special bike racks for e-bikes?
And what about folding e-bikes?

These guys make excellent bikes. I can’t speak to the E-Bike listed above but their normal bicycles are maintenance free and practically rust proof, perfect for something that will be carried around on the back of a road or trailer. If their E-Bike is half as good as their standard bikes, I wager you’ll be very happy.

E-bikes are going to be heavier than than a normal bicycle due to the additional weight of the battery , motors and beefing up of the frame and other components to support that.

The best way to carry them as a result, is going to be a either a heavy duty hitch mounted platform rack, or if you have a pickup a bed rail carrier. The biggest problem is that their weight can make them difficult to get onto any rack.

FWIW I still enjoy and prefer my lightweight mountain bike for campground travel. To go out to trails or anything greater than a 1.5 degree incline I'll take the assist!! I'm on the fence in whether the money is better spent on a lightweight MTB vs an e-bike.

Come on @Jim, try one of these. It comes with a 10% off coupon for your first collar bone surgery.

I bought the XR a few months ago. Buying three more of these now. They are amazing. I am getting the GT for myself and my wife. The kids will be fine on the XR. These things are very rugged, and really do go the distance.

Anyone that can skate board, or wake board will have no trouble balancing on this.

I bought the XR a few months ago. Buying three more of these now. They are amazing. I am getting the GT for myself and my wife. The kids will be fine on the XR. These things are very rugged, and really do go the distance.

Anyone that can skate board, or wake board will have no trouble balancing on this.
I love my pint, took some time to learn but enjoy it but respect it. I don't go faster than I can run off the front if stopped by an obstacle. Falls resulting in fractured collar bones are very common with these. Ride with caution and safety gear (helmet, wrist guards, etc.) at least when learning.

I love my pint, took some time to learn but enjoy it but respect it. I don't go faster than I can run off the front if stopped by an obstacle. Falls resulting in fractured collar bones are very common with these. Ride with caution and safety gear (helmet, wrist guards, etc.) at least when learning.
Most of my riding is on grass / dirt trails. I have done some sidewalk and driveway, but that gets to be a bit scary. Being 6' 4"...thats a long way to fall!

We enjoy the Rad Runner e-bike(s). Bike racks designed to carry heavier e-bikes were really pricey so I opted for a motorcycle carrier. And actually got the Harbor Freight version. With a little fabrication (alteration) this carrier handles the e-bikes just fine. So for less than $150 I have what I consider a very reliable and sturdy bike rack. Those e-bikes are really a blast! Don't need to spend $8,000 if you don't want to, mine was less than $1,400. These bikes are great for OG's 😉 When I get a chance I'll put the bike on it and snap a picture...

Latest resources

Back