Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Selling a coach while traveling, yaye or naye?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm considering listing my coach. I am contemplating a several week trip during the month of February. What are the opinions of traveling or staying put while listed? The one down side are deposits, the other down side is being in a place to show it. Should I not travel and stay home or should I list it and continue with plans?

This is the only way I have ever sold my coach.

Same story each year.

I list the coach while in the comfort of Montana, the evening of my departure for Texas.

As soon as I get into the mountains where cell phone reception is terrible, I get phone calls. The bad reception ends up allowing different people to get thru at different times, and often I get confused as to which party I am talking to.

The furthest I have made it from Montana to Texas is Colorado before the coach was sold.

in 2018, I listed the coach at the beginning of my trip, and stated it would not be available until 3 months later. The first person that contacted me was the one that eventually purchased it when I renewed my listing on the way home. He called me before I even left my RV site to confirm, and the deposit was in my account the next day.

One thing I really like about selling while traveling is it proves that the condition of the coach is operational and no worries about using it. Along with revealing your screen name so that they can read your coach history, it really does go a long way towards making the buyer comfortable. The final aspect would be to use a 3rd party to handle the escrow and funding.

You have a one-of-a-kind coach and no doubt it will sell easily priced right to the right buyer. I have been watching all the activity at NIRVC in Vegas while I am here and it is sheer pandemonium in sales activity as there is some limited inventory in used and new but the number of deals closing or in PDI is pretty significant in my book. One customer drove all the way from Texas to take delivery of a new coach.

Just remember what it was like when you took delivery and that first year is warranty work and hopefully not a lot. You have a coach that is dialed in and trouble-free for the most part and you start all over when you go back into the market again if you decided to do it. You will miss your active air and I believe if I am not mistaken it will be a while before you can get in to the company that installs it unless you get a luxury line coach that comes with a more advanced air system. However, your dream of being able to lead a winter wonderland tour might be limited. Just saying....

@Neal -- I recommend that you sell your coach, buy or lease a hanger for your airplane that is large enough for a new RV. This way you can work on your projects in the comfort of an enclosed space, and your plane will be happy too!

I am going to bet $1 dollar that if he sells he won’t buy another rv.

200.gif

Right now it doesn’t seem to matter when or how you list your rv. A motivated buyer, it seems, will jump through any hoops or obstacles you put in front of them. My real question is how will you ever get value for all the additions/mods you have installed in your coach, not counting the blood, sweat, & tears.

200.gif
I'm curious why you say that? You're the 2nd person that has insinuated that now. Interesting....

If I sell, I may wait a year or two to find something I like and can trust.

And yes, what I have is dialed in, my only thought is now is the time to sell it at a premium as I do think the end of this "buying spree" is coming to an end with interest rate hikes on the horizon, that will likely affect me, and everyone being priced out of the market in various areas. At some point this is going to invert and my sale price now vs. sale price then could be on the order of 100K difference.

I'll test the waters, it will be priced at premium level to the point you'll have to take it from me which is what I did with my Porsche and that is exactly what happened with that.

Right now it doesn’t seem to matter when or how you list your rv. A motivated buyer, it seems, will jump through any hoops or obstacles you put in front of them. My real question is how will you ever get value for all the additions/mods you have installed in your coach, not counting the blood, sweat, & tears.
PRICE

200.gif
You’re correct. @Neal spends so much time running an rv forum he doesn’t have time to own one😁😎

Peanut Butter Running GIF by Jif

Latest resources

Back