Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
I was talking to a fellow Dutch Star owner yesterday and the service interval for the Oasis came up. He said it was recommended by a tech that he get his Oasis serviced annually and yet he could not find that statement in any of the Oasis manuals. So, I went through all 60 pages of the service/troubleshoot manual and also had no luck finding a service interval.

We are not full timers and use the Oasis almost exclusively for hot water. In fact, a check just now showed our unit has a total of 157 hours in 5 years of use. Only about 30 hours/year even though the coach now has over 50k miles on it. IMHO, the unit should be serviced each 100 hours or so or perhaps every two years if the 100 hour mark is not reached.

I know, some will say service service every year regardless, even though the manual does not mention doing this. That’s fine. Think I’ll stick with 2 years, 100 hours, whichever comes first.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
AF2EA375-7029-437C-A7A3-E82B8C28B65D.jpeg

As a new RVer I thought since they sold "annual kits" that was the plan. Then there are 3 and 5 year kits as they contain different items to change at those year points, still annual service, but different parts at year 3 and 5. Now 5 years in and having done all my OASIS servicing myself including those lovely pumps, rewiring for electrical shorts too many times, I'd say leave it alone unless there is a problem. Keep a kit such as the 3 year kit on hand so you have parts should you need them. The only item of concern is the diesel filter which for me is at the front of the coach and at the last change I added the meter that shows when it's bad, not sure how it knows the lifetime of it, but I added it. If anything maybe change that every 2-3 years.

I've learned RVers love to spend money and companies prey on retirees money. I watch Facebook posts about people buying stuff and thinking how great it is, it falls in that part that RVers just love to shop and spend money on their hobby. It is what it is, I went through it, my amazon deliveries have dropped to every other day now.

OASIS 1 Year Service Kit

OASIS 3 Year Service Kit

OASIS 5 Year Service Kit

In 5 years, never bought a service kit or anything else. Just remove the nozzle and rinse it with WD40 and install it back. There is nothing in the nozzle to wear out.
But that’s me.

In 5 years, never bought a service kit or anything else. Just remove the nozzle and rinse it with WD40 and install it back. There is nothing in the nozzle to wear out.
But that’s me.
If I were going to do that, I would probably replace WD40 with brake cleaner.

That’s what I had. I’m cheap 😂

My 2013 I did the annual kit every year. I kept all the old parts (except the garber filter).

When buying my 2019, I decided that the maintenance wasn't necessary on this item. I run it frequently, as every shower includes generous oasis assistance. Winter heat I leave it on.

I sold it in 2021 with 827 hours, and all the original equipment including fuel filter.

I plan to do the same with my LADP. I have enough barely used spare parts to cover me for a while.

I would think it's all dependent on how often the unit is used. Full timers that use it daily probably should at least change the filter annually, but in our case, we use the electric elements and only turn the burner on when showering in colder areas. I would recommend keeping a spare pump on hand though.

As a new RVer I thought since they sold "annual kits" that was the plan. Then there are 3 and 5 year kits as they contain different items to change at those year points, still annual service, but different parts at year 3 and 5. Now 5 years in and having done all my OASIS servicing myself including those lovely pumps, rewiring for electrical shorts too many times, I'd say leave it alone unless there is a problem. Keep a kit such as the 3 year kit on hand so you have parts should you need them. The only item of concern is the diesel filter which for me is at the front of the coach and at the last change I added the meter that shows when it's bad, not sure how it knows the lifetime of it, but I added it. If anything maybe change that every 2-3 years.

I've learned RVers love to spend money and companies prey on retirees money. I watch Facebook posts about people buying stuff and thinking how great it is, it falls in that part that RVers just love to shop and spend money on their hobby. It is what it is, I went through it, my amazon deliveries have dropped to every other day now.

OASIS 1 Year Service Kit

OASIS 3 Year Service Kit

OASIS 5 Year Service Kit
I carry the 5 year kit because it includes the ignitor and flame sensor which are prone to failure, will put the unit out of service, and can be hard to get, but it easy to change. I also carry a spare pump.

I like to get my money’s worth out of parts, so generally I wont change out a working part because of a maint. interval unless it could leave me stranded (such as a serpentine belt on a rear radiator coach). I also tend to service equipment such as generators and my Oasis unit based on the hour meter and not the calendar.

I noticed when viewing a link Amazon was smart enough to include a suggestion for hose clamp pinch off pliers, something you'll want (2) for changing a pump.

This is is the one I have two of:

We do full time however spend most of our time in warmer weather so use the burner very little. Our first service was just done in Feb after 27 months. I do carry a spare pump and annual service kit.

Latest resources

Back