• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Share your Starlink RV install and experiences

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I watched the video! I watched it twice, matter of fact. I saw numbers, but no personal data. Fact is I tried to hear her say she ever took delivery! Did anyone else notice that?

This is my view of starlink!!!

If I didn't have it, I would not even have phone service, that is how bad cell service is most of the places I go. And yes, I have tried many cell companies. At&t, Verizon, t-mobile, and Sprint before the merge.

I asked real people that actually were using starlink for their view and opinions before I took the plunge, but more than that, I read everything on the website as well. Service can drop as low as is not the same as will drop to, as said in the video.

Guess I can see motive when I see it!!! I used to watch her videos, but now I know why I no longer do!

Just saying.
No point in watching videos of people who just regurgitate specs. Real life experience is what we need and should be focused on getting. These youtubers are just about making content and pushing views.

The top comments on that video say it all

1675196897502.png

Greetings!

We've been using Starlink extensively in the back country of Colorado/Utah/Wyoming; it really is a game changer. I've been able to remote work in locations hours from the nearest cellular signal.

Remote working from the banks of the Miracle Mile in Wyoming:
IG-wyoming-X2.jpg

For the past year I've been using it on a pole, requiring removal every time we move (we move often) so I'm in the process of 3D printing a flat mount to permanently mount it on the roof and in conjunction with that doing a speedfusion based build out with multiple cellular modems, etc bonded in.

I came across the "Dishy Dualie DC powersupply" last week and ordered one (no affiliation - I'm on the waiting list to get one). I'm going to take advantage of it to convert my Starlink to DC power (eliminating inverter overhead) and use the ethernet-B output conversion to plug is straight into the peplink's ethernet WAN.

1678644709738.png

Has anyone gotten one of these yet?
I'd love to compare notes before I let any magic smoke out :D

Cheers,
Edward in Colorado.

My guess is once these new generation SATs go up and increase bandwidth we will see pricing tiers for speeds just like home based services. It will get more expensive.

No doubt. The price goes up to $150/mo on April 24th as it is.
Quite an increase from the $99 we were paying when it began.
They are definitely building the airplane while flying it.

That said, the ability for me to work from the middle of nowhere? Priceless :)

That said, the ability for me to work from the middle of nowhere? Priceless :)
If only my wife would feel the same way we'd be taking way more trips. :D

Greetings!

We've been using Starlink extensively in the back country of Colorado/Utah/Wyoming; it really is a game changer. I've been able to remote work in locations hours from the nearest cellular signal.

Remote working from the banks of the Miracle Mile in Wyoming:
IG-wyoming-X2.jpg

For the past year I've been using it on a pole, requiring removal every time we move (we move often) so I'm in the process of 3D printing a flat mount to permanently mount it on the roof and in conjunction with that doing a speedfusion based build out with multiple cellular modems, etc bonded in.

I came across the "Dishy Dualie DC powersupply" last week and ordered one (no affiliation - I'm on the waiting list to get one). I'm going to take advantage of it to convert my Starlink to DC power (eliminating inverter overhead) and use the ethernet-B output conversion to plug is straight into the peplink's ethernet WAN.

View attachment 17395

Has anyone gotten one of these yet?
I'd love to compare notes before I let any magic smoke out :D

Cheers,
Edward in Colorado.

Cool, I just read through this entire thread to find a post like this. Camping in Colorado is one of the primary reasons we want internet beyond cell service. My wife works remotely, so her being able to work while I hang out with the kids is where it’s at for us.

We intend to travel a lot, so using cell connections can work for us too while Starlink builds out the fleet of satellites. Have I mentioned here that we witnessed one of these launches when we were in Florida a few weeks ago?

So I joined the RV Starlink crowd today.

Well, better put, my RV Starlink order arrived today and I'm pretty happy with it so far!

I have Starlink Business at the park, but it's not something that is portable, so I bit the bullet and bought the RV setup. I'm sure it's going to provide much better Internet than what I've experienced at most of the RV parks I've visited so far.

Internet isn't an option for me, it's a MUST. So I'm excited to see that it's working so well! But just for the record, it doesn't have the consistent speed and quality of service that the business plan offers. Probably because of the smaller rectangle dish. But that's OK, as it's about 1/3 of the cost too. :)

So far it's been doing a marvelous job streaming our Apple TV service and everything else I'm doing on the Internet tonight. I think I'm going to be a happy camper! :)

Glad to hear @Jim just remember you're still subject to obstructions. In my case cellular is my primary and Starlink is my backup and fortunately if needed I can suspend/resume service. As you know many of us run the pepwave units which also serve as a nice central Wi-Fi router for your coach that even Starlink can feed into, in my case I use the ethernet from Starlink's router to Pepwave so I'm not blasting multiple Wi-Fi signals. Like you Internet is a must for me, so think about your setup for bullet proof internet in all locations.

Latest resources

Back