• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Share your Starlink RV install and experiences

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Any suction cup suctioned on paint will leave a ring in the paint, which is tough to remove. I use suction cups on my driver window to stabilize the Gen-turi and also to mount my directional antenna pole base.

Thanks again, Neal and Scottkd2, for the great on-point info.
On the theft issue, someone told me that the Starlink is like an iPad, in that if it gets stolen, you can deactivate it / report the theft to Starlink, and no one else will be able to use it, even with their own account. If so, that removes a lot of the motivation to the thief. Anyone know if this is true?

How it he flagpole buddy working for Starlink? Haven't been to the RV or out with it since I got my flagpole buddy or new cell booster (went with the WE boost directional, hi powered amp version, since the mobile ones suck).

How it he flagpole buddy working for Starlink? Haven't been to the RV or out with it since I got my flagpole buddy or new cell booster (went with the WE boost directional, hi powered amp version, since the mobile ones suck).
Flagpole buddy is just an innovate 3D printed mount that goes on a ladder and works with their poles. I don't have to go up the ladder to set it up. I put dishy on the end part which is at the top of the pole, insert pole into top area then put pole into the holder on the bottom, tighten thumb screw to secure. Cable still runs outside and into a bay for the router connection. Simple setup and kudos to the innovator. Yeah, it's expensive but I reward great design and gladly pay to promote their good work.

Flagpole buddy is just an innovate 3D printed mount that goes on a ladder and works with their poles. I don't have to go up the ladder to set it up. I put dishy on the end part which is at the top of the pole, insert pole into top area then put pole into the holder on the bottom, tighten thumb screw to secure. Cable still runs outside and into a bay for the router connection. Simple setup and kudos to the innovator. Yeah, it's expensive but I reward great design and gladly pay to promote their good work.
Yea, I've had one since I posted a link to it on I think page one of this thread, but haven't even taken it out of the box, as I haven't been out in the RV since getting it.

As long as the plastic ladder mounts hold up, it seemed like the most convenient option.

I was wandering how much the reception will be affected, if the dishy antenna on a tall pole moves during high winds. There must be some wobble. Don’t know if the antenna locks on one satellite at the time, or group of them?

I was wandering how much the reception will be affected, if the dishy antenna on a tall pole moves during high winds. There must be some wobble. Don’t know if the antenna locks on one satellite at the time, or group of them?
I don't know the scientific/exact answer but my guess is not much. I think this is connected via phased array radar.

Hi Ed, both the dish and the router Mac addresses are attached to your specific account you set up when ordering. If either were stolen you can disable them via customer service. A pain, but useless to someone else. I agree with Neal, these are becoming more common and and will soon be like seeing all the dish and direct tv tailgaters sitting near RV's. My bigger concern is someone running it over if not on my flagpole mount.

I'm curious how dishy will hold up to hail. I see people permanently roof mounting much less if hail is predicted should you bring in dishy? I think it's thin plastic and don't trust it's going to survive, the same applies to carefully storing to not break the face of the dish.

I haven't seen the best of Starlink connectivity here in Granby, CO and I'm not sure why. Today I decided to check the Starlink app and it still showed obstructions which was from the last time I used it in Fort Collins (yes, there was a tree). I tapped "Visibility" in the app and it did a scan for obstructions which took 24 minutes (as the app showed). After that completed I'm now seeing good speeds. I wonder if there is a bug in the system that remember it's degraded or something? Here is my speed test after the scan. I'll see if this changes much over time but I'll be using this as AT&T is not consistent here.

IMG_4187.jpg

EDIT: Still unstable on speeds here. Not sure why, clear skies, no obstructions :(

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back