Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

So you bought a New RV? Avoid these bad manner mistakes.....

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I recently had the pleasure of staying at a campground in Caliente, NV that has an extremely strict “no outside music” rule. They were very particular about the area being serene. For the amount of people there, it was pretty incredible how peaceful it was. Quiet time was observed or you were kicked out immediately.
That place was awesome lol.

Noise pollution is bothering me more and more as I get older. Enjoying finding quiet campgrounds and realize that we like mid-week best. We so look forward to Sunday afternoons when the campgrounds see 80% clear out, and those 80% create 98%+ of the noise.
All good until Thursday night or Friday night when the weekend campers arrive again. We just close the door/windows and find activities out and about away from it all until Sunday afternoon…

A couple days ago we stopped at a CG in Elm Creek NE. It is now named Sunny Meadows Campground but a couple years ago it was named something different. It is one of those "put the money in the envelope" places and there are no employees on site. No employees = no rules I guess.

The sites were really close together but maybe 65' long pull thru style. It was all gravel, roads, sites, everything. I had just enough room to spot my fiver when squeeze my F350 in beside it. After dinner I stepped out for a quick walk-about and discovered a fiver next to us had arrived. They had two trucks with them. One they positioned on the right side of his RV like I had to do, the other one they pulled on my site behind my truck! It was about the rudest thing I have ever had happen to me in any campground so far.

Next time coming through that part of Nebraska we will be paying a little more and taking a site down the road in Kearney.

Since we were not going to sit outside and use our limited space occupied by his truck, and the fact I was mad and had consumed a couple of beers, I let it go until morning. When I got up the next morning they were gone in one truck, leaving the spare truck on my site. When we hooked up and left a couple hours later they still weren't back. I left a friendly not on their windshield letting them know it was rude and not appreciated parking on someone elses site without at least asking first. Maybe they were newbees, maybe just stupid.

A couple days ago we stopped at a CG in Elm Creek NE. It is now named Sunny Meadows Campground but a couple years ago it was named something different. It is one of those "put the money in the envelope" places and there are no employees on site. No employees = no rules I guess.

The sites were really close together but maybe 65' long pull thru style. It was all gravel, roads, sites, everything. I had just enough room to spot my fiver when squeeze my F350 in beside it. After dinner I stepped out for a quick walk-about and discovered a fiver next to us had arrived. They had two trucks with them. One they positioned on the right side of his RV like I had to do, the other one they pulled on my site behind my truck! It was about the rudest thing I have ever had happen to me in any campground so far.

Next time coming through that part of Nebraska we will be paying a little more and taking a site down the road in Kearney.

Since we were not going to sit outside and use our limited space occupied by his truck, and the fact I was mad and had consumed a couple of beers, I let it go until morning. When I got up the next morning they were gone in one truck, leaving the spare truck on my site. When we hooked up and left a couple hours later they still weren't back. I left a friendly not on their windshield letting them know it was rude and not appreciated parking on someone elses site without at least asking first. Maybe they were newbees, maybe just stupid.
Thats why my toad has a 10k winch, tree savers, and multiple snatch blocks. Said truck would have been relocated with my Mickey mouse window sticker left behind....you know the one.

I'm still upset @FL-JOE. ... I now think I would have used my High lift jack, and power torque wrench to remove all 4 tires and rest on the ground carefully with firewood protecting damage, but getting it as low as possible. 20 minutes of work and priceless lesson and endless Facebook drama!

I hear ya Red. I really only told half the story about being at that gravel hell hole.

Right after I set up I put a red traffic cone about 2 feet off the right front bumper of my F350. There was no one next to me at that time and the way the campground was set up I just suspected some idiot might decide to pull through the site next to me to get to a site in the next roll. Sure enough about 20 minutes later here comes a F150 pulling about a 24" TT. He drives though the site next to me and cuts left to go into the site in the next roll in front of me. The trailer tires on the left side of his rig ran right over my cone and then since he was steering to the right his trailer swung out and the back of his trailer missed the front bumper of my truck by about 2 inches.

I stepped in the door to tell my DW what had just happened and I suspect she knew what was coming next. She reminded me it was my birthday and told me to just forget it, have a beer, and relax. So I didn't go over the pay this gentlemen a visit either until the next morning.

They were out hooking up just before us the next morning. His issue was he was fairly new to towing a TT plus he needed bigger mirrors. He didn't have a clue how close he had come to hitting my truck the evening before. We had a friendly instructional conversation and all was good with him.

I'm still upset @FL-JOE. ... I now think I would have used my High lift jack, and power torque wrench to remove all 4 tires and rest on the ground carefully with firewood protecting damage, but getting it as low as possible. 20 minutes of work and priceless lesson and endless Facebook drama!
LOL......normally in both of the situations I described I start running my mouth confronting obvious stupidity. My DW is just the opposite in most cases. I think the fact it was my birthday and her influence effected my judgement! But in reality it turned out okay. Of course I was hooking up that morning thinking about what I was going to say to each of these individuals and forgot my almost brand new Verlerra Adjustable Water Regulator.

I'm all type and text. My filters would never allow me to do any of the above actions. Even if I ignored my own filter, my dw and children would see to it that I did nothing.

Over 10 years since retirement and I'm still making the transition from wearing the blue to being just another grumpy old man out here. I've come a long way and the DW keeps me headed in the right direction.

Wow, I wish more places would enforce rules like that.
Me too lol. My husband and I don’t drink or party at all, so we do our best to stay away from the party crowds. We don’t mind drinkers, but loud annoying drunk people are the worst.

Nothing like 3 or 4 Harleys with straight pipes cruising in the campground at 11 PM and after partying in town earlier. Pipes roaring, music blaring.

Latest resources

Back